11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 07-30-2009, 04:36 PM

Vegeta has much to be proud of
I have to agree with RTS games being the hardest to play. Micro-managing and planning ahead, while using strategy to stay one step ahead of your opponent can be frustrating at times.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:14 PM

MrODoyle is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to MrODoyle
Although I could count on both hands the number of games I've actually "finished" and still be able to hold a beer, I'd have to say that I find the straight-up RPG the most difficult. I've never been able to get through a Final Fantasy, (FFX was the closest I've ever come) although I've played almost all of them. I just can't seem to get the hang of distributing XP or managing my inventory correctly.

I would argue that there really is no "mastery" of an MMO. Although your character might reach its highest level, since the world is persistent, there's always something new to learn/do.

RTSes and I go together like peas and carrots.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:32 PM

Nikolete is community member of note
I think any game that works against your natural skill-set would be the toughest.

Par Example (Yes par example instead of for example, i'm trying to start a new trend) Someone who reads this might be super good at RTS and be like... "These folks just suck."

Then you place him in a FPS and he is 0-54 in a FFA match. So for the master of RTS in all his glory, is a chump on the FPS battleground.

NOW, if we are asking my personal opinion, I think being a quality RPG'er with all skillsets included has to be one of the most time consuming and toughest ways to play a game. Time, time and more time.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:40 PM

Niteraid has set foot on a distinguished road
Gotta agree with everyone. I really suck at RTS's. I also think that racing-sim games are super tough. Those racing-sims that measure literally everything. Par example (oh now I'm doing it!) Race 07 or Live for Speed and certain rallying games I know nothing about To be honest, I'm not a fan of them but it's pretty much all a friend of mine plays and he turns off all the assits and everything. I can't race properly in them for anything!

It's like ok I'm driving straight things are going well, picking up speed and then...."why can't I drift like in Ridge Racer!" as my car doesn't turn and everything ends up falling off my car.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:17 PM

dagamdagee is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to dagamdagee Send a message via MSN to dagamdagee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolete View Post
NOW, if we are asking my personal opinion, I think being a quality RPG'er with all skillsets included has to be one of the most time consuming and toughest ways to play a game. Time, time and more time.
I totally agree. RPGs take a ton of planning, and it often takes a few play-throughs to get the hang of a skill system. Back when I played Diablo 2 I couldn't tell you how the skill tree even works. I was young, ignorant and totally out of touch with that kind of game mechanic. It took me about 8 years to find out how it works.

Otherwise, an MMO like WoW is virtually limitless and I'd say that it's close to impossible to truly master an aspect of the game. There's the auction house, professions, talents and classes which all are open to interpretation and outside variables. It may be impossible to master the game, but it's fun to see the discussions on how to do it.

Just like the Ghosts.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:39 PM

backlinks has much to be proud of
Excellent
Excellent forum! thanks for sharing everyone, very helpful

seo marketing
Old 08-07-2009, 06:06 AM

Lianna has set foot on a distinguished road
I suck so hard at FPS, especially on the 360. Holy crap. Moving with one joystick and then looking around with another is just.. beyond my brain capacity, ngl.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:52 PM

ChrisEddy213 has much to be proud of
RTS's are hard, but I really suck at Sports games (I have some football games because my brother play football and he went out and bought some football games) I dunno why I'm so bad at sports games.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
I'm good at RTS in single player but not so much in multiplayer because I just haven't devoted the time necessary to learn how to play well against a human opponent. I'm surprised rhythm games (Guitar Hero, Rock Band) haven't been mentioned. I can play on hard (guitar) with relative ease now, but most expert is still beyond me. Lot having to do with my fingers still being slightly messed up from my days of football and rugby and also the fact that it's just plain hard!!

Old 08-20-2009, 06:37 AM

Fenrir085 has set foot on a distinguished road
for me, its Racing Games and RTS's