11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

View Poll Results: Did you know the the black boxes with the trait names were buttons?
Yes. 31 73.81%
No. 11 26.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast

sororitygirl is community member of note
I like the graph because yes, it actually does represent me.

I particularly like it because my boyfriend took the quizzes too and while I got results like "Killer" he got results like "Explorer". It is more amusing to me because first impressions would say he's a thug and I'm a smartypants college girl (if only they knew).

Also on the graph the only thing I had negative was the 'reward-driven' which I thought was interesting, and very accurate. I do what I do when I want, and it really doesn't have anything to do with rank or titles or other rewards in game! (What a smart little quizzie...)

And seriously emperor? Cover that s#*& up. We don't need to see that.

=)
Old 10-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Enthusiast

Jaraj is a jewel in the community Jaraj is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to Jaraj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
How do you feel about this graph and why?
Do you feel this representation is helpful?
Do feel it describes you?

If the emperor had no clothes, would you say anything?
1. Can I get that in red? Red team RULES!
2. It does help me find fun-loving types instead of power-gamers.
3.True I don't play to achieve, but it fails to reckonize I don't stop until the game is udderly whipped.

4. Personally if it wasn't illegal I wouldn't have any either. So hell NO I wouldn't say anything if he found a way to get away with it.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
The histogram is nice enough, although in the non-interactive version I don't see how I am supposed to know which trait belongs to which bar.
Maybe some colour-coding would help with that.
Wanting to keep the green, maybe number the different bars.
Otherwise some kind of indication about whether to read it clockwise or CCW, since the first trait is already clearly pointed out by the line.
I do like the hexagonal shape, resembling the gamerDNA logo, helping the brand recognition.

(Bar) graphs are generally easy on the eye, and can help people visualize statistics quicker and better than just numbers/percentages could.
I'm pretty sure many people love these things.

The results of the quizzes aren't perfect, but close enough.
(For me anyway.)
Participating was fun, so reading more quizzes are worked on was nice.

As for the emperor, is this one of those "off with his head" types?
Couldn't it be a hot empress instead?
A mere subject, I don't think I'd be the right person to tell the truth anyway, and at least that way I'd be too distracted to care about not having the guts.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Enthusiast

DODswe4 is a jewel in the community DODswe4 is a jewel in the community
I like it. It represents me pretty good. And I like stats
if its helpfull I dunno, most people I play with I have played with for quite a while
Old 10-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Enthusiast

Reusol is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to Reusol Send a message via Skype™ to Reusol
really well done and laid out. obviously alot of thought has gone into it and its very precise, i mean, mine is absolutly true about me, lol.

Steam:- Reusol
PSN:- Reusol
Old 10-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Enthusiast

snowkissed is a jewel in the community snowkissed is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Skype™ to snowkissed
Quote:
How do you feel about this graph and why?
I feel that the results end up being polarized in some sense. I don't think it could properly represent some gamers, but it's close enough.
Quote:
Do you feel this representation is helpful?
As a "This is kind of what I'm like" representation, yes. I mean, someone antisocial wouldn't get a high social rating, so it properly communicates the simplistic attributes like that, but I don't think the percentages are very accurate, and thus not too helpful.

Quote:
Do feel it describes you?
Yes and no. It properly communicates how I like to socialize and my degree of competitiveness (I'm intensely competitive). However, I think it undervalued my thoughtfulness and organization.

To be fair, it is very difficult to track and assess such a variety of variables. It's fairly well done and at least gives people a reasonable "first impression."
Quote:
If the emperor had no clothes, would you say anything?
Depends on my relationship with the emperor, whether or not the law states exhibitionism is mandatory and whether or it is in my interest for him to be naked.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Enthusiast

eidanch is a jewel in the community eidanch is a jewel in the community
It looks really nice, I like it.

By E.C.
Pro Gamer.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:20 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
I just added a poll to this thread. Please take it even if you have already posted.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I knew the black boxes are buttons, but I have to admit I only recently figured it out.
I consciously noticed the bottom part, and realized it was incomplete.
After that I clicked the black boxes figuring that would show the rest.

You could change the black boxes to look like tabs coming from the right.
Of course the bottom part should then be made into a part on the right.
Also the bar would be better oriented vertically so there wouldn't be so much wasted space.

Alternatively leave the bottom part where it is, move the black boxes, as tabs, to the bottom.
Orient them either vertically (write "13" like "m"), or diagonally, again as not to create too much wasted space.

That's my two pence worth.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:32 AM
Enthusiast

Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community Pocketwolf is a paragon of the community
Just took the poll, with 'yes'. Despite having been active here for the last three weeks or so, I didn't even pay attention to that box until about 4 days ago. I did work out that they were buttons, but more because I saw the graph down the bottom and figured out that they would probably change its display; it's not that obvious to begin with.

The whole "didn't even pay attention to that box" thing is another issue to think about: my brain registered it as a possible ad, so I ignored it completely. I'm not sure why - maybe the shape, maybe the placement (previously, that top right-hand position was taken up by ads, and other sites often put ads there). Possibly you could look at converting it into a more horizontal layout and putting it at the top of the middle column of the profile page? Just above the Experiences column, above/below the image strip?