11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 08-07-2009, 03:28 AM

Delixe has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
I'd love to. Where's that Steam OSX client?

And please don't mention the words "Boot" or "Camp" or any combination thereof.
Well there are work arounds but yeah, more hassle than its worth TBH. GOG have said they would like to work on the Mac but there are obviously licencing issues involved there.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:46 AM

Razor-I is community member of note
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqyphen View Post
What classic PC game do you wish you'd never uninstalled/got rid of the disc since you're dying to walk down memory lane and play again?

I ask this since I was talking with my work mates and we started reminiscing about Age of Empires, Starcraft, Quake and Unreal Tournament (Facing Worlds FTW). We got so hyped we downloaded and installed the UT demo(1999 - 10 years ago!!) and began some inter-office fragging!
Star Trek Armada. The first one. But I only got rid of it because it was so badly damaged that I couldn't play it anymore. I really wish I could find a copy of it.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:57 AM

whiskeyhicks has much to be proud of
Oh so many classics I wish I kept.

For starters, Jagged Alliance, the first one. Wicked nostalgia from that game. It was my first SRPG and the fun of hiring mercenaries, equipping your squads, and sending them to there death made it oh so fun. Just remember never hire the Asian kid who thinks he's a cowboy... unless you intend him to die.

And of course there is SWAT, but what was better was SWAT 2 which played as an isometric strategy game instead of the "CD-ROM Adventure" that the original played as. Could of used Snipers though.

And since I'm talking about "CD-ROM Adventure" games I totally have to bring up the Blade Runner game made by Westwood. Yes I realize Snatcher was first and Year of the Dragon capitalized on the Cyberpunk Adventure game but this later game still had it. Also let's just face it, being able to Voigt-Kampff people was awesome. Also the multiple endings didn't hurt it and proved that the original movie could of been put to the same interpretations as the game when it came to the ending.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 AM

Raven85 has much to be proud of
I miss the old red alert and C&C tiberium dawn games. Although i can still play them in C&C first decade, i prefer to have high-res remake of them. The mission design in those games are so much better than the current C&C titles.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
I remember the classic Defender of the Crown, not the gimpy remake starring Robin Hood a few years ago. I'm talking about the 8 bit sprited jousting, swordfighting and morning star swinging one. You know. The GOOD one.

I miss playing that one. A Lot.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:22 AM

Thewalrus345 has much to be proud of
Crusader: No Remorse. I miss that game so much had tons of fun playing it as a kid. Warcraft 2 is another and the old King's Quest series. I remember my mom and me sitting at the computer and playing those for hours.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:51 PM

Tonysmallz has much to be proud of
i second anyone saying "swat 2" with the isometric gameplay.. hardest level was the terrorist histing a liquor store...

warcraft 2(i herd WC2 is freeware now?).. not so old is Mafia.. and i still play through all 3 campaigns in Ghost Recon... Island Thunder and desert siege

and of course the best game ever TRANSPORT TYCOON.... still play it today tho via openttd

GT : Jim Greezy