11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 05-15-2009, 08:47 PM

grimfusion has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenophon View Post
I still have the floppy disk, but it's been in my storage locker for 5 years, so there's no guarantee it will still work.
I'm sure I could find it elsewhere. I wouldn't want to put you through all the trouble of finding it only to find out the disk is corrupted.

I still have an old 5 1/4 drive for my computer. If I can find the disk image and figure out what kind of file system to format the disk in, I'll probably be able to copy it over.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Actually, I wish I still had my Apple. It got left behind in a move a few years ago. I had been keeping it around specifically so I could play all those classic games.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk aquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
i wish so bad that my NES didn't die on me. i would play that so much.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:34 AM

Jack-In-Jill is a jewel in the community Jack-In-Jill is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorzongo View Post
No, that won't happen. The Mario franchise will get repeated, over and over again. In the year 3562, Nintendo will discover that they've run out of new ideas, and will re-release the original one. It will become an instant hit again, and they'll re-release the next one. This cycle will repeat. Someone will figure out that it's all just the same stuff, over and over, but by that time it will be too late. Nintendo will have slipped political programming into each game, and everyone will have played it. Eventually, Miyamoto's clone (who looks suspiciously like Mario) will become world leader.

Lesson: Don't buy a Wii or DS. It will only advance the evil plot.
Very nice. I could probably tolerate a world run by video game gods.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Better Nintendo's evil plot than Bill Gates's evil plot. Boycott the XBox. Buy the Wii.

The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk aquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:28 PM

yamerias has set foot on a distinguished road
Oh wow...Super Mario Bros! I think this was the first game I'd played on the NES!

I love this game, and was there a GBA version ever released? I wouldn't mind grabbing a copy to play on my DS!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:42 AM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorzongo View Post
Or Rogue.

Mario rocks. I think he's pretty much the number one gamer hero.

I'll see if I can find the link, but I had read somewhere that more Canadians recognized the name "Mario" then their Prime Minister. If that doesn't scream success, (at least in Canada) I don't know what does.

EDIT: Ah, here's one of them.
I played both Rogue, and Super Mario Bros. in college. I had a friend who had a Nintendo, I had a PC running Minix in my dorm and played rogue a lot. I've since then graduated to Angband. In my high-school days it was pac-man and BC's Quest for Tires.

Ah memories :-D
Old 02-10-2014, 07:54 AM

stevenhearnn has much to be proud of
Super mario bros is one of my all time favourate. My passion for gaming got started from this game.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:09 PM

KyrianaTheDestroyer17 has much to be proud of
I think everyone's passion for gaming started with this game.