11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

View Poll Results: Which makes you more of a geek?
1. Owning first edition Dungeons and Dragons books...and knowing how to use them! 0 0%
2. Making jewelry out of used Mac computer parts...and actually wearing it 6 35.29%
They are both equally nerdy 5 29.41%
Geeky? Nah, they both sound hardcore to me! Now let me show you my cool pocket protector... 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2006, 02:27 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Which makes you a bigger geek...
Please discuss...

Old 12-08-2006, 03:13 AM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Back in the mid 80's Macintosh was almost more of a religion than a brand. Apple actuall hired "evangalists" to go to usergroup meetings. Yes, I did attend the San Diego Computer Society's Macintosh Usergroup meeting on the UCSD campus back then...good times...good place to meet men. Also I learned a lot about computing. Did I ever make jewelry from my MacPlus, no, I did however spray paint it to look like it was carved from granite. So, does this make me a geek?
Old 12-08-2006, 03:51 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
Back in the mid 80's Macintosh was almost more of a religion than a brand. Apple actuall hired "evangalists" to go to usergroup meetings. Yes, I did attend the San Diego Computer Society's Macintosh Usergroup meeting on the UCSD campus back then...good times...good place to meet men. Also I learned a lot about computing. Did I ever make jewelry from my MacPlus, no, I did however spray paint it to look like it was carved from granite. So, does this make me a geek?
Not in my book...

...but so far it looks like I may not be the best judge of it...hehe

Old 12-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Both!

If anyone wants - I have a dead Macintosh Performa in my basement! I never thought of turning it into jewelry - I did contemplate a fishtank though.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:04 AM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
if movies have taught me anything D&D is not nerdy, anyone who likes the movie AIRHEADS knows what D&D can bring a person closer to another, I too have a D&D book, I have no clue how to use it but when I was younger I wish I knew.

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 12-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Founding Member

Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence
Now if the poll had been about the Chainmail box set...

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny..."
Old 04-21-2008, 03:28 PM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Bump. (Ten characters)
Old 04-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Gah....are you people just trying to measure how much of a geek I am?
What if the Jewelry is worn by someone else?
And out of curiosity, by first edition do we mean AD&D or the old box set for basic D&D where you have to color the numbers on the dice?

EDIT:
PS --- Where exactly is the camera you left in my house?

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 04-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arelos@738 View Post
Bump. (Ten characters)
Why would you necro a closed poll?

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 04-21-2008, 05:36 PM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Bah, it was closed? I was bumping some of the better threads.