11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 12-12-2006, 04:53 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
12 days until Xmas. Are you ready?
Darn threadjackers. I am trying to offer a legitimate help service to help people trying to select presents for those hard-to-buy-for people and you guys are talking about virtual snotty hankies!

I assume you have completed all your shopping?
Old 12-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Anyone need to know how to make potato latkes?
Old 12-12-2006, 06:10 PM
The Pwn Ranger

Charbroil has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Charbroil Send a message via MSN to Charbroil Send a message via Yahoo to Charbroil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
Anyone need to know how to make potato latkes?
Need?... not really

enjoy knowing?... you bet I would

Old 12-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Founding Member

Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
Darn threadjackers. I am trying to offer a legitimate help service to help people trying to select presents for those hard-to-buy-for people and you guys are talking about virtual snotty hankies!

I assume you have completed all your shopping?
What I cant get my favorite troll a gift from the heart that says "I pwn you?".

Yes, all my shopping is done. Oh and I got the pacifier in my first AV this morning so even my WoW shopping is done

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny..."
Old 12-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbroil View Post
Need?... not really

enjoy knowing?... you bet I would

You got it - I just have to call my brother tonight and get his recipe - he makes the best Latkes! I'll post it later.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Must Be Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
You got it - I just have to call my brother tonight and get his recipe - he makes the best Latkes! I'll post it later.

Haven't gotten ahold of my brother yet - will be trying again this weekend.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Happy Chanukkah, Mia babe!

Now GET ME THAT RECIPE! Don't dangle that out there, make me hungry for them and then not produce! :P

Old 12-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
fine me a good digital photo frame, every 7 in frame I find has terrible reviews,

price range is less than $200
I'll IM this to you, too, if you're still on...but right now Target has an 8 inch kodak frame for $148. I know nothing about the quality of that, though.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:17 PM

Blanco has set foot on a distinguished road
Here ya gift-pickers go:

I have only found a gift for one member of my family so far. There are 3 others, plus a sibling's girlfriend.

As a note: We'll all be together in Hawaii for Xmas this year, and my only shopping chance will likely be a department store while I'm there...so I couldn't get anything TOO hard to find and it must also fit in their suitcase for the return trip.

Price constraints: Around 50$ each.

Mom (51): I got my her a nice sweater already, which is right up her alley. I'm also looking to get her something small, cheapish, and fun, though. As an example, this knife-holder looks like a type of thing her semi-twisted sense of humor would find funny:

Dad (51): Old fashioned guy, doesn't want anyone to spend money on him - ESPECIALLY if the gift isn't something practical. He has a whole box of neato tech gifts we've got him that he hasn't used. My parents both live in the midwest and my dad works outside a lot (large-animal veterinarian), so warm-clothing type gifts are always an option.

Brother (27): Lives in the northeast. Attends a school with "Technology" in the name so that's why I usually get him. He will be done with grad-school by the end of the summer and then will be moving on to career/marriage stuff. I usually get him PC games, though his rig is getting a little antiquated for system intensive ones. Appreciates booze.

Brother's girlfriend (27-ish): Lives in Los Angeles. Likes girly stuff and chick flicks...that's all i know.

Sister (22): Lives in Hawaii. Plays college sports, likes girly stuff. No patience for complicated tech gifts (has an ipod and laptop that she stopped using the first time they messed up).

I thank you gift-wizards for any help.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Devil's Advocate

Ravage is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Ravage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
My favorite corporate gifts to receive are booze. I don't like food gifts because most of the times they have sugar which I don't eat. I don't like coffee gifts because I am a snob and I roast and grind my own beans. My favorite brand of scotch was originally a gift...at the time I had no idea how nice. McCallum's 18 year $129 to $139 per bottle--aged in sherry casks. Now you know what to get me.
OMG...Roxi a Scotch drinker? You just got a little cooler, Rox.

I saw a bottle of GlenFiddich 50 year while I was in Guam...they were selling the bottle for just shy of $9,000...makes me wonder what $9k booze tastes like...