11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 06-02-2007, 09:53 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Any Facebook users?
We're testing a new feature of GuildCafe out. If you are a member of Facebook, you can import your GC game history, character profiles and quizz scores to your Facebook page. To try it out:

http://www.guildcafe.com/fb/ (if you don't have a Facebook account, this won't work.)

We'd like to know your thoughts on how it worked. This is just another way to help you find friends or publish character information through other social networks.

Also, if you find that it works (or even if it doesn't) please feel free to add me ("Jon Radoff") to your friend network on Facebook. I'd love to see how it looks on your profile.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Last edited by Tarinth : 06-02-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:37 AM

Stiblad has much to be proud of
I added you to my friends I am Griffin Hammer. I also added the application.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:43 AM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
Just sent you a friend request, Jon. (The name's Twist VanEpps.) I don't use my facebook, but I do have an account, so I went ahead with it at least for the sake of being a guinea pig for you. It looks pretty good, really organized & all that. Too bad no one besides you will ever pay attention to my page because they know I never sign in.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:17 AM
Famous Member

Crystalia is a jewel in the community Crystalia is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Crystalia Send a message via MSN to Crystalia Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalia
I just added the application as well.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:50 AM

Toman is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Toman Send a message via MSN to Toman
I added it although didnt let it do some of the things like post news updates.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:24 AM

shewbawka has much to be proud of
I added it, works great. But it's a strangle realm combining a gaming life and a real life. Maybe it's because I'm a roleplayer, I play a different person in-game and it kinda feels like worlds colliding.

It's a great idea though, and will work well for finding people you know but didn't know they play the same game. Great idea.

R.I.P.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
I also have a facebook account. I don't see myself adding this too quickly tho. I tried it on my dummy account. I wouldn't mind a link to my guildcafé page, but adding my game history to it seems a bit much. I usually only use it for uni purposes, who aren't the people I game with... Still a nice feature.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:37 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by shewbawka View Post
I added it, works great. But it's a strangle realm combining a gaming life and a real life. Maybe it's because I'm a roleplayer, I play a different person in-game and it kinda feels like worlds colliding.
That's understandable. In fact, part of the thesis behind GuildCafe is that gamers *want* a distinct alter ego from their life as either as business-person or real-life-social-person.

Nevertheless, we thought it might be interesting to see what type of things people would like to have on external profile sites (like Facebook). Think of this as an experiment.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 06-17-2007, 03:06 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by shewbawka View Post
Actually that's reassuring. Here on GuildCafe everyone is their gaming persona by design.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:05 AM

DizzySaxophone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DizzySaxophone Send a message via MSN to DizzySaxophone Send a message via Yahoo to DizzySaxophone
I added it. Its nice because quite a few of my friends have been messaged me because they didn't know we both played the same game(s).