11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 06-08-2007, 03:44 PM

Aseenus is an unknown quantity at this point
if u get a top end new one the yeah its good :P
Old 06-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
Nice. $2000 for an awesome PC?

What's a good site for a tutorial on installing the BIOS and such?

Old 06-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
You don't need to install a BIOS that comes on the MOBO, all you have to do is hook all the components together. If you order your MOBO/Proc from www.mwave.com they test your MOBO and Proc as well as assembling the proc/heatsink/mobo together, which is the 'hardest part' because you could damage the CPU(proc). Once you receive that all you need is some screws and a case, the rest is plug and play pretty much! If you have any 'in-depth' question just ask, someone around here knows for sure. Google has tons of guides on assembling a PC, it is super simple and kinda cool to know you 'built' it yourself.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:33 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
Here's a good guide that helped me while building my dream PC. He keeps it up to date when possible, so there is little variance to what you'll find.
Thanks for posting this!

I have a friend who's considering building up a new system, and that $1k build is pretty solid. I spent some time considering what I might change, but I can't fault any part of it.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 06-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
I'll need that $2100 build to get Crysis. Well, stack another $500 or so to a DX10 video card.