11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Leader Support

Old 05-31-2007, 02:55 AM
Queen of Pain

QueenTajah is a jewel in the community QueenTajah is a jewel in the community
Guild Rules & Regulations?
What are your guild rules?
Have you ever needed to enforce a rule by removing a member?
Have potential recruits balked because of any of your rules?

I'm just curious as to how others are doing it. I've seen guilds with 15-page bylaws, whereas mine is the opposite.

Nuke has one rule: No Drama. Usually if one of my officers catches someone causing problems, they'll issue a warning. I no longer bother with warnings. It's usually within 24 of an initial problem that somebody decides to run their mouth again.

I've had to kick maybe four people over the last decade.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:58 AM
Rising Star

MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to MaeveAlleine Send a message via AIM to MaeveAlleine Send a message via Yahoo to MaeveAlleine
We don't have any rules in our guild except 1. Since our guild is founded on pagan philosophies...our on rule is

"An it harm none, do what thou wilt."

It helps that we're an adult-only guild. We don't censor guild chat or our ventrilo server. We've had only 2 or 3 instances of people being asked to leave over 7 years.

visit my blog: oh! san diego dot com
Old 05-31-2007, 06:47 AM
Enthusiast

Valor has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Valor Send a message via MSN to Valor Send a message via Yahoo to Valor
hehe, check these out.

http://www.lotd.org/index.php?page=15
Old 05-31-2007, 12:53 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
In Section One we had three rules: no swearing, no whining, no smacktalking/board warrioring. Later when we were a huge multi-game guild people wanted more rules so we invented Section One Law.

Recently I started a new guild with no rules. I got tired of enforcing them. More, I got tired of explaining them to people who don't know or care about the glorious past of Section One and its hard won reputation.

In Ventrilo, I just tell the kids not to say stuff to me they would not say to their mother, cause I am older than their mother and I know she's right about stuff anyway.
Last edited by Roxianna : 05-31-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast

DorlasEdrahil is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to DorlasEdrahil
Our CoC is no swearing/1337/dewd talk, sharing stuff and helping each other out. Uh-oh, almost forgot, no-drama, whining or immature behaviour etc, known some for being kicked for that. We got more applications then we can process anyways.

Result being, we are now closed for recruitment and the core of our guild is getting ready for anything, be it raiding, PvP or RP. These are people I can count on, levelheaded in a fight and the difference with playing with them vs. your average PUG is immense. Something I could not separate in GW hehe.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:12 AM
Famous Member

Zeli has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zeli Send a message via MSN to Zeli
We only have 4 rules. Number 4 is a good catch-all. We've had to remove 2 people for breaking the rules in the last 4 years.

Regiment Laws

Required of all in the Circle of Trust

Circle of Trust is a regiment of friends, minds, personalities and values. Our diversification makes us strong, but it is still important to agree and abide by a few core guidelines of behavior. Each member is a representative of CoT everyday. It is important to remember that your actions reflect directly upon CoT's reputation and should do so favorably. As a member, it is your responsibility to understand, support and abide by these laws:

1. Mythic - Anything Mythic has deemed a bannable offense will cause you to be removed from the regiment.

2. Language - Use of language that is racist and/or sexist will not be tolerated. It is improper behavior to use profanity in any form of public communication. Public communication is defined as say, yell and broadcast.

3. Begging - Begging is not allowed. A regiment member may request assistance at any time, but no member should ever feel obligated to comply. There is a difference between begging and requesting. You are expected to know that difference, as your words are open to interpretation by others online.

4. Respect - Respect your fellow players. Everyone has paid the same account user fees and their playtime should be respected in the gaming environment as such.

If you are accused of being in violation of a law, your case will be decided by the Core Council. You will be given the right to speak in your defense. The punishment, if any, is indisputable once decided upon.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:48 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
I personally prefer the badkarma rules:

1) Help pay the bills
2) Don't bring shame on the name
3) Respect

If someone can't extrapolate acceptable behavior from that, why would I want them around?

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 08-04-2007, 03:28 AM

pkMarionette has much to be proud of
Personally, I try to weed out alot of the people that make a multitude of rules necessary at recruitment...I also make sure the whole guild knows of the heavy emphasis placed upon attitude and manner for potential new members - what this does is create an atmosphere wherein all members get along to varying degrees. When problems do come up, the members with the issue almost always inform me they have an issue, who its with, and what its about. This is not a rule or anything I have had a hand in creating, but it allows me to sort out the issue without elevation of the problem.

All of this, in turn, along with running drills with different members each time, creates an environment that feels unconfined and rule-free, while still being strict where it needs to, and a sense of comraderie. The biggest hurdle is, however, I have to watch myself and my actions very carefully. If I ever vary and become uneven, it would create an atmosphere of uncertainty and isolation.

My members know precisely what to expect from me, what is expected of them, and I have not stated a single rule. Lets see how long it lasts, though =)
Old 08-04-2007, 09:39 AM

WNxLithiumLT has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to WNxLithiumLT Send a message via AIM to WNxLithiumLT Send a message via MSN to WNxLithiumLT Send a message via Yahoo to WNxLithiumLT Send a message via Skype™ to WNxLithiumLT
Two links for you all...

Warrior Nation Laws: http://warriornation.net/law.php

Warrior Nation Policies: http://warriornation.net/policy.php
Old 08-04-2007, 02:00 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Section One Law