11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 05-23-2007, 03:36 AM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
Question More options?
I'm looking for a place to build my GuildWars Guild's Website. I created a site and so far I'm poking around, and I like what I see...to an extent. EVERYONE'S pages look the same! Is everyone just uncreative (or unknowledged about coding) so they don't change anything besides the colors? Don't get me wrong the options available are great, very simple & user friendly, but what about those who want to do more? Say I want some of the sections of my page to be laid out in a different order or different size boxes, maybe even vertically instead of horizontally on the page (think roster next to forums instead of above it...that sort of thing)? Is there any hope for those sorts of options now or in the future?

Speaking of the future, when is the next build expected? Just out of curiosity?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:28 AM
GuildCafe Theme Designer

Zel is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Zel
A revamp of the group pages and customizability of them is being worked on right now by Roxi and Tarinth "every waking moment" Roxi said, heh. Take a look over here to get an idea of what it might look like:

http://www.guildcafe.com/GuildThread...&t=2399&page=1
Old 05-23-2007, 03:08 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
The guts to the new system are being installed today--pretty major changes so hang on to your shorts and pray we did not screw up LOL. Just two of us to write and QA everything.

Soon after the guts go in, the first of the new themes will go up. Prolly Friday. We'll need a couple of weeks to get in a bunch more themes and test. After that, we'll add the ability to edit the .tpls files in the new system. When we do that, we would be able to change stuff without breaking pages so we need to be confident that the system supports a myriad of designs and layouts.

So the gist is that in about a week you'll have a lot more control of layouts and widgets, but in about a month, you'll have full control.

P.S. If you wonder why I am willing to tell people what we are doing and by when, unlike most companies who act like such info is a state secret or something, its because I am opposed to big company BS. You'll always get a straight answer from me, even if its "I don't know." Down with stringing customers along and message trees for customer service.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:30 PM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
Roxianna, you are awesome! You rock my socks! I'm very excited to hear all this. My last guild was with Guild Universe, which is an okay-ish site, got the standard forums, calendar, & points management, but had a ton of problems! The overall biggest complaint was that there's never any support, and most of their features (like point management) only came when you paid a 30$/year subscription fee! Who's going to pay for something that doesn't come with support? More recently their public forums got hit by some people putting Javascript Viruses in their posts or something & everyone using IE without topnotch virus protection got hit. And then my biggest complaint...they wouldn't let us upload .jpgs ! >_<

Anyway, don't know why I'm rambling on about that, except to say all the reasons why the last place I was stunk and you guys obviously have them beat in every department PLUS you're still advancing things! Seriously, too cool!

(Oh, & thanks for the link, Zel, very helpful! )

***Okay, New Question!*** (Didn't think I should go making a new topic for it, LoL)

I swear I read here before I signed up that there was something for points management. Am I mistaken? If not...can someone point me in the direction for finding it because I am totally lost! Thanks!

I found my own answer! http://www.guildcafe.com/showthread.php?t=8808 gosh, I'm such a dweeb!
Last edited by Goddess Wills : 05-24-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:21 AM
I Are Famous!

Question
Okay, so now I've got another question/issue, and I didn't figure you want me making a new thread every time I do something "n00bish" so here goes.

I created a thread in my General Public Forum on my guild's page on Tuesday. Went well, got a couple responses, no troubles there. Yesterday someone tried to create a new thread and it didn't show up, so he tried again, still nothing...I told him the servers might be a little bogged down at the moment and if we waited until morning it would probably be there. Morning comes, & there's still no thread, so I tried to make one. No go. I can post replies to the one existing thread, but any attempt to post a new thread leads to the strangest thing.

The post appears like you would expect it to on the page, only it's not listed in any specific forum it's just "
Guild Forums: Guild Wars" without any "General" or "Members Only" or anything posted after it. I've tried posting it everywhere but I can't get to any of these threads I'm creating once they're posted and I leave the page. One thing I have discovered is if I set a post as an announcement I can get to the thread by viewing the "comments" but I have no idea how to get there otherwise, and I don't really feel like posting every single thread ever as an announcement, you know? I may be weird, but I'm not that weird!

So anyway, I know you're working on a lot of stuff right now, and things are bound to get a little fuzzy on the way, but I thought I'd at least ask...maybe I'm just being dumb about something, or maybe it's just my page that's having a problem, or maybe it's a site wide thing that you hadn't noticed yet and I'm actually being helpful for once...who knows?!?

Anyway, I just wanted to post and see if you can shed some light on the situation for me. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-26-2007, 02:04 AM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Wills View Post
I've tried posting it everywhere but I can't get to any of these threads I'm creating once they're posted and I leave the page.
You are not a n00b. Not being able to make a thread is a huge problem--an emergency even. We fixed it earlier today as soon as we found out about it. In the future feel free to PM me if you think something is broken, even if you are not sure.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:50 AM
I Are Famous!

You guys rock...again!
I see that things are "all better" now. Being that I posted what I did pretty late at night I figured I'd give you guys a day to work on it before I bothered you by PM. I can tell that these forums are checked frequently, so I knew things would get addressed as soon as possible. You guys just send off that sort of vibe that lets us know that you care about getting things done.