11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 12-27-2006, 01:01 AM

Garis has much to be proud of
A question about BF 2142
Hello, I got Battlefield 2142 yesterday and I was wondering what a "dog tag" is? Thanks!
Old 12-27-2006, 01:34 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
When you kill someone with a knife, you get their dogtags. A dogtag is what someone in the military wears that has their name, bloodtype, social security number, branch of service, and religion. I'm not sure which way you meant the question.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:00 AM
Devil's Advocate

Ravage is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Ravage
It keeps the dogcatcher from nabbin' yer mutt.

smartass and proud

That's a nifty feature of BF, though, do you get to collect those tags over time and keep them forever, or are they just another "tags collected" point system thing?

Old 12-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
I got a dog tag in single player.

Also, in the Single Player mode, I was looking for a campaign of sorts and I saw none. I was pretty disappointed at this - I played the original Battlefield 1942, and it had an awesome campaign. In single player, it looks like you just select your mapset for instant action, and there's no real "campaign" to play.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:13 PM

Garis has much to be proud of
Yeah thats what I was a bit disappointed about as well. Multiplayer is the entire game basically. Thanks for the answers.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Enthusiast

Jerec is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Jerec Send a message via MSN to Jerec
That really doesn't surprise me. None of the Battlefield games after 1942 had any sort of actual single player. I was especially disappointed in BF Vietnam because that game followed historical occurances and had no excuse to not include some kind of campaign.

Old 12-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
Garis send me a buddy request I am on 2142 like all night my ign is tcb_hyunnh or hyunnh I can't remember right now

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 12-27-2006, 07:56 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
It's just hyunnh
Old 12-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
Was there a Section One clan made?

Old 12-27-2006, 09:59 PM
I hate hippies

Yep, if you go to group options in your account tools, there is a Rpk/S1 group that you can join. I think Armaya is the group leader, and she will have to approve you. That will give you access to our top secret S1 fps forums.