11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 05-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
Voodoo PC
How good are these desktops? I'm considering buying one because I want to play Crysis. :P

Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Guess no one's got one :P

Old 06-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Never heard of them; are they remnants of the card makers?

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 06-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Mistress of GuildCafé

Reenala is a cornerstone of the community Reenala is a cornerstone of the community Reenala is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via MSN to Reenala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
Never heard of them; are they remnants of the card makers?
Thats the first thing that came into my head aswell. I remember like 8 years ago when my dad bought a Voodoo5 graphics card and he wouldn't shut up about it.

Our Temporary Forums and Website are now open to the Public!
Old 06-06-2007, 03:42 AM

Blanco has set foot on a distinguished road
I have heard positive things about their gaming rigs. I've seen many "Editor's Choice" type awards going to VoodooPC.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
VoodooPC is for Hewlett Packard what Alienware is for Dell. Some of their models start around 10,000euro lol, but there's the 'normal' models as well. I've never actually bought a voodooPC or alienware but I can imagine it's a good alternative to building your own... Maybe a bit more expensive. Still a good idea to actually compare what you get with what you can get for the same price without the brand name tho. Don't know what your level of expertise is with computerhardware or what your budget is I think they should be reasonably reliable tho, since it's an actual brand you should get enough insurance and customer service for the price you pay.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Founding Member

DaMann is a cornerstone of the community DaMann is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to DaMann
I certainly would never shell out that much money for a Voodoo PC, although they do have some pretty sweet rigs. I have always been a fan of building my own PC's to get everything just the way i wanted. It surprisingly easy if you have never done it(Assuming you have some computer literacy).

If i had to guess you wouldn't be disappointed in the performance in your Voodoo thats for sure, plus you would probably have a sweet case to look at, but was it really worth the dough?

I have no clue about there customer service or what have you, but really when was the last time you called your PC manufacture? Why in the hell would I want to troubleshoot a PC problem with someone most likely in India and just reading from a sheet. The internet is cheaper and faster. So in short build yourself a computer
Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Voice of Reason

If I customize a gaming/multimedia PC for "low" gaming standards, it'll come as a great PC but with a poor graphics card. I'd get the poor graphics card model to save on costs, then upgrade to a DX10 compatible one anyway.

Once everything's all customized, it comes out to around $3100 or so.

I'd like to build my own, but have no idea how. Nor do I really want to have to install the BIOS. :P

Old 06-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Newb Puller

Keerwen has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Keerwen Send a message via Yahoo to Keerwen
I've seen decent reviews on the voodoo pcs as well and yah are basically along the lines of alienware. Myself i would build it but then again that has been my job in the past and it's getting easier now as well. the support from alienware/dell is actually pretty good i haven't checked with voodoo and i have never been happy with hps tech support.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Here's a good guide that helped me while building my dream PC. He keeps it up to date when possible, so there is little variance to what you'll find.

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd