11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MMORPG Connections

Old 04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
How to submit MMORPG news
In the past, one of the most common reasons someone came to the forum to post was to highlight a news item, trailer or announcement. I wanted to take this opportunity to let everyone know about a new and better way to share this sort of information with other GuildCafe members: the Favorites system.

On the left side of your navigation bar, you'll notice the Favorites option. From there, you can see the other news, trailers and interesting web pages our members have discovered. To submit something new, just click the "Submit...+" link on the left side.

...Or, just click here, and you can submit something right away: http://www.guildcafe.com/FavoriteSubmit.php

Advantages of this system:

- Your article/trailer/news item/whatever will stick around longer than a forum post. It will be attached to your personal page in the "Favorites" tab, which will help direct people who know you (or are interested in you!) find out about the content you like.

- By posting it to the Favorites section, the item can be categorized with the specific game that it pertains to.

- Other members of GuildCafe can vote on the item, and if lots of people like it it can be automatically tagged as "hot" which will get it in front of the most people. We also keep a record of the most popular items ever, or you can view all the items your friends or members of your groups have submitted.

For information on what we're doing with the Favorites system (and the new stuff added to GuildCafe today), please read: http://www.guildcafe.com/showthread....6778#post16778

We need your help! Let's get the ball rolling on this new feature. If you know of some good articles or content that should be indexed by the Favorites system, please submit some of your links now. We'll need the participation of the GuildCafe community to get this off the ground and make it a helpful resource for everyone.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 04-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
I find this a most excellent idea
Old 04-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Founding Member

Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community Shadow is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
I have already started using it and love it! the new style of GC took a little getting use to but the only button I can't find is the chat room button

CHECK OUT THE GAMERDNA CITY
26 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 4% Dork
Old 04-16-2007, 10:17 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Chat is now on the bottom of the page (on the footer, next to FAQs). Should acutally be more obvious for people who didn't know the Tools & Toys maze

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 04-18-2007, 03:19 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Bring back tools and toys! Who is with me?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Village Idiot

Grarghsies is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Grarghsies Send a message via MSN to Grarghsies
Just add chat in before forums at the top.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:47 PM

Tarqueth has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tarqueth Send a message via Yahoo to Tarqueth
Tarinth,

Thanks, I hadn't even noticed the "Favorites" button... of course I'm new and still looking around. This is a great idea though. Kudo's
Old 08-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Reality Escapist

LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to LaiAhnaCharro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
Bring back tools and toys! Who is with me?
Still waiting for that bubble gum chewing, elf panties wearing, smiley firing bubbles from tank gun icon. Hope you did not forget it?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast

Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Ama-Ebi Send a message via MSN to Ama-Ebi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lai'Ahna Charro View Post
Still waiting for that bubble gum chewing, elf panties wearing, smiley firing bubbles from tank gun icon. Hope you did not forget it?
Now THIS I've gotta see!! I love the fun smilies.

Ama-Ebi Unagi Zahira Daja
Old 09-03-2007, 08:41 AM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
R1lly r1lly?