11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 09-14-2008, 03:44 PM

Nhasieth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Nhasieth
Blizzard releases only great games. I havn't played a poor Blizzard game. In fact, i still play starcraft a couple times a week.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:48 PM

darknessreaver has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhasieth View Post
Blizzard releases only great games. I havn't played a poor Blizzard game. In fact, i still play starcraft a couple times a week.
Thats because Blizzard isn't afraid of canceling games they have canceled more then 10 games I think including Starcraft ghost which would have been their first FPS.
Blizzard is the only Real PC developer left Valve makes its games for the 360 too but I consider them mainly a PC developer because PC version is always better

www.thecompanyhub.com
Feel free to stop by anytime and play with us or just hang out on Team speak.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Enthusiast

Dark-Crenshaw has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessreaver View Post
Thats because Blizzard isn't afraid of canceling games they have canceled more then 10 games I think including Starcraft ghost which would have been their first FPS.
Blizzard is the only Real PC developer left Valve makes its games for the 360 too but I consider them mainly a PC developer because PC version is always better
Amen to that brother.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 AM

Rabz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodou View Post
Blizzard is a company that believes in quality over quantity and it's the reason that StarCraft Ghost will never see light. Pity really, it was a victim of bad timing. Being a console title near the end of the xbox's lifecycle, the game was not yet finished so they had two choices: release an unfinished product or complete the work only to release on a dead console. It's rare to see a company shelf a nearly finished product like this, so for that they have earned my respect. However, this put the nail in the coffin outside of PC games for Blizzard shall never again develop for a console.

Which is the bigger loss?
I believe ghost was postponed, rather than cancelled. It's what I've heard anyway, could be to the same reason though.

Blizzard is a good company, They have a good sense of 'balance' you could say, I play wc3 every now and again, And I'll be getting WoW soon + the 2 expansions. I can't wait for their other games though, DIII and SC2. :P