11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 11-25-2007, 03:24 AM
Enthusiast

andrewjay is a cornerstone of the community andrewjay is a cornerstone of the community
Thumbs up Blizzard
They are ok in my book. All their games that I have played are very entertaining!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:20 PM

Vamphrau has much to be proud of
I am really impressed by Blizzard. I played their handful of strategic RPGs back in the 90s: WarCraft II & III, StarCraft, and Diablo.

In 2006, I took the plunge and bought World of WarCraft so I could play it on my Macintosh.

I was more than impressed - I was floored. Their technology was so good. Their creativity was amazing.

Blizzard's staff members are true craftsmen in their opinion. Blizzard games are top-notch.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Enthusiast

eidanch is a jewel in the community eidanch is a jewel in the community
Blizzard are just quality. They are not releasing a lot of games and not very often but when they do they simply give us gamers a fantastic game with a lot of good aspects. They don't rush and that's what making their games so good. Every single game by Blizzard is a masterpiece.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Enthusiast

Jamion is a jewel in the community Jamion is a jewel in the community
Blizzard was great up till around 2000. They had some of the best RTS games out there including StarCraft series and WarCraft series. They also had Diablo, which although didn't fascinate me as much, was still a great game. Bliizard began to flail around the time period of Mike O'Brien, Patrick Wyatt, and Jeff Strain left. These guys seemed to be the great driving force behind the best Blizzard ideas and the story lines developed since then seemed to go down hill. I'm afraid I have lost much of my respect for them as a great gaming company in recent times. They created WoW which I thought was disrespectful to the warcraft series by making it a stereotypical MMO instead incorporating strategy directly into the game play. Further more the continual push backs on the creation of SC: Ghost, which as far as I know was eventually canceled. Unless Blizzard can fully redeem itself with StarCraft II they will no longer be a gaming company I will consider when purchasing games. I know some ppl will be pissed at this statement, so sorry; but it's truly how I feel.

I mean their history of quality is immense. And their former employees have created such companies as ArenaNet (Guild Wars), Flagship Studios (HellGate: London), Red5Studios, Carbine Studios, and Click Entertainment. But after especially 2003 their products seem to have gone down hill.

Right
Perception, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness, Right Concentration
Last edited by Jamion : 06-12-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:37 AM

MrWillow has much to be proud of
Been a die-hard Blizzard fans since Warcraft 2. Starcraft is worth mentioning as it was epic, never have I seen an RTS that has such perfect balance with so much diversity.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Enthusiast

zidane has much to be proud of
blizzard games are cool!! especially defenders of the ancient!! [DOTA] rocks!!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:03 AM

DarkELFDrizzt has much to be proud of
Blizzard is a powerful company, that does what every game company should, they work and work on their final product till they are satisfied, then after release they continue to work. SC still gets patches, and its about 10 years old.

I am mostly looking forward to Diablo 3 though, this looks much better than SC II does at the moment.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Enthusiast

zidane has much to be proud of
yeah diablo is a nice game too
Old 08-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Enthusiast

DODswe4 is a jewel in the community DODswe4 is a jewel in the community
considering their succes on wow, you cant say that its a failed game really, cause it still is the biggest MMO out there, then you can have your own opinion and I think Blizzard has made a few dumb things during their wow time.

SC okay I watch the pro sc sceen and a game that is shown on 3tv station has done something really big, what the thing that makes sc so succesful, well the balance betwen 3totaly different races, no other game has been such godly balanced. WC1 and WC2 is just great games but if you play em now you'll notice that they arnt that great anymore. WC3 is shown on 1 or 2 tv stations, but is not as big as SC.

Diablo 1 and 2 is really really well made hack and slash rpgs.

Looking forward to D3 and SC2: hell yes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:11 AM

xXyunaXx is a jewel in the community xXyunaXx is a jewel in the community
in my opinion blizzard only produced high quality top notch games/entertainment that is why sc"ghost was declined.. as you saw from the cinematic cut scenes in wc3 sc2 and diablo 2 they're very nice.. and realistic.. im definatly looking forward to diablo 3 i've been a lifelong fan of the diablo series.. not so much starcraft and warcraft but they were still very nice.. ^-^ cheers guys!

~Proud member of [SYM] Pool of Blood ~
SxY FoReVer Love or die..
"fighting is not about hitting hard! its about how hard you can get hit and stand back up and hit back as hard!"
"love or die.. die if you
cannot
love for life without love is a meaningless path.. love or die..."