11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 12-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Magic Quest
Not sure if this fits here, but did anyone ever go to this place:

http://www.magiquestmb.com/default.aspx

looks like it would be a fun place to take the kids one day. Stumbled across it this morning. It's a place where child and parent and rpg nerd it together.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:38 AM
Enthusiast

Kabol is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to Kabol Send a message via Skype™ to Kabol
Looks fairly interesting, I must say.

Also, you're a fellow bloodfinner, aren't you? I'm pretty sure I recognize your name from SWG or somwhere...does my name ring a bell to you?

Old 01-12-2007, 04:18 AM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
No, sorry But I found out I will be in a hotel next week that has Magic Quest.. totally by coincidence, so I'll let everyone know how it is.

gaming news
Old 01-12-2007, 04:25 AM
Famous Member

Crystalia is a jewel in the community Crystalia is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Crystalia Send a message via MSN to Crystalia Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalia
You should take pictures if you can!!!

This thing seems very cool. I'm positive I would have loved this when I was a kid.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Troll

I'll have pics and video of this on friday. Leaving in 20 mins to head there Spending a few days at the Great Wolf Lodge in the poconos. Indoor Waterpark

gaming news
Old 01-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Enthusiast

Kabol is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to Kabol Send a message via Skype™ to Kabol
Great Wolf Lodge! Got one of those north of me in the Wisconsin Dells. Used to go to the Dells regularly for Noah's Ark in the summer. Good times. Never stayed there though. Tell me where you've gone to when you get the chance.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Troll

So magic quest was cool.. Atleast as cool as it can be in a Hotel.

You start out buying a wand. The wand is the ID card for your character. There is an area where you can start quests. A terminal kinda like any Quest NPC in any MMORPG.

You pick a quest and pretty much go on a scavenger hunt. There were about 15 quests all together, each one takes about 5-15 minutes. There are sections of the hotel that were decorated like the Piney Woods, WhisperWoods, etc. 6 zones all together.

Each quest sends you through different zones where you have to unlock chests, find hidden things, figure out sequences, etc. Each quest gives you a rune. Runes combos are required to doing adventures.

An EQ2 equivalent would be that Quests are normal quests and Adventures are like Heritage Quests.

Once you unlock an adventure by doing the 3-5 required quests to unlock, you can then do an adventure that either ends with fighting orcs and dragons (the PVP ver) or rescuing the pixies or princess (the WoW version).

I would definitely suggest doing this in Myrtle Beach where the whole facility is dedicated and themed. It was pretty fun and a good thing to pass time at the Great Wolf lodge, but it lacks the immersion qualities the place in Myrtle Beach seems to have.

I can definitely see some ppl here dressed in full garb with their kids running around doing this stuff.

I helped my daughter PL and dupe gold by having her constantly open chests she already opened right after the timer expired.

She ranked #10 for the day out of 140 ppl in gold and xp I tried to start some PVP by telling her to nuke the fat kid in the corner picking his nose, but she's obviously a PVE'r just waiting for her moment in WoW.. "That wouldn't be nice, daddy!"

The kids all loved it.. most parents groaned because it wasn't their thing... I had a good time with it.. Can't see an adult wanting to do it alone though.

If you're a super D&D/Quest nerd like The Yeti who dresses up like RPG characters already, then you would probably enjoy it without kids. Otherwise, I suggest toting a child along.

I'll have pics and video up tomorrow.. I'm super soar and super tired from 2 days of 8 hour per day waterpark action

This would be a cool thing to do for the RPK annual gathering.. Go to myrtle beach and do MagicQuest.

gaming news
Old 01-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
"That wouldn't be nice, daddy!"
Your kid is growing up to be a carebear, perhaps it's time to re-evaluate how you're raising her?