11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 08-21-2009, 10:52 PM

Raven85 has much to be proud of
c&c 4
Since the sub title has been announced (Its Tiberian Twilight), i thought its a good idea to get to know your thoughts on the game.

Personally i do not like the lack of base building and radical changes they are going to make. I love RPG style RTS games, but its not what C&C is for me. I want base building and massive tank columns in C&C. There are other games that does what C&C is trying to do.

I know it is still too early to come to any conclusions, and all these changes might surprise us in a pleasant way. But currently i have more negative feelings about the things i have heard.

What do you guys think?
Old 08-22-2009, 03:10 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Yeah, they probably should have saved the new gameplay style for a new or spinoff franchise. You'd think they'd want to bring the storyline to a close utilizing the successful mechanics that got them there. Oh wellz...

Old 08-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
For me, I'm actually looking forward to the new C&C game for multiple reasons, the new style of play being one of them. C&C has evolved the RTS considerably over the years, but the basic gameplay has never changed, despite all the additional features.

And lets face it, what C&C had done everyone else has tried to emulate in their own RTS games. Eventually, unless you change something drastic within a game genre, all the games end up exactly the same, just different skins on the models.

Sure, everyone wants exactly the same thing as what they've had before, or so they think. Compare "Dawn of War" with "Dawn of War 2", same type and style of game, but with a drastic revamp on units and wargear, characters and gameplay. It was a gamble, but personay I like Dawn of War 2, and in that spirit I'm happy to see what they'll do with C&C4.

If you wanted the same thing as you got before, just replay the old games. The whole idea of a NEW game is that you get something NEW.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:57 PM

Torinir has much to be proud of
Given the whole premise behind C&C4 (Tiberium infestation is at a critical level, most of the world is uninhabitable) I'm not really surprised by the lack of mass base/army building.

And I agree with Hagan, DoW2 and DoW1 are both fun to play for their own reasons, even though their gameplay is markedly different.

Let's wait and see what C&C4 brings. Those who bought RA3 CE packs got a beta invite ticket. I redeemed mine and I'm just waiting for the Beta invite, whenever that happens.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:42 PM

Raven85 has much to be proud of
There is a lot of criticism on EA regarding the base building issue, even among hardcore fans. EA might do a slight change on this regard. Because removing base building is like removing the Soul of a C&C. Its one of those concepts that C&C for famous for. Removing it and emulating something else is totally out of character.

Also apart from the persistent RPG esque stats over SP and MP modes, C&C 4 does not seem to offer anything new. If EA came up with something brand new for a C&C title, then that atleast would be acceptable. But trying to copy from all other recently successful RTS games and removing well established core C&C mechanics is totally pathetic IMO especially considering this is the last in the tiberium universe. It deserves a better ending.