Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 05-31-2007, 01:33 PM
Enthusiast

DorlasEdrahil is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to DorlasEdrahil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
I'd like someone to interview Xoo. Its time we did a Guild Wars guild. My question would be, why haven't you put together a serious tournament team for awhile?

Last time I was around (6 months ago) Billiard was their leader.
If you want to interview a GW guild, then IQ is most legendary of 'em all, no? With apologies in advance since my info is as least 6 months old, thus suspect to being much outdated...

Old 05-31-2007, 02:29 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorlas Edrahil View Post

Last time I was around (6 months ago) Billiard was their leader.
If you want to interview a GW guild, then IQ is most legendary of 'em all, no? With apologies in advance since my info is as least 6 months old, thus suspect to being much outdated...
iQ does not allow its members to post or be interviewed. They don't even play as themselves for practice, instead they smurf it up so that they are not observed.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast

DorlasEdrahil is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to DorlasEdrahil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxianna View Post
iQ does not allow its members to post or be interviewed. They don't even play as themselves for practice, instead they smurf it up so that they are not observed.
The damnation of fame or pure snobishness, don't know. I remember some of their members being active on GW Guru some time ago, but hey, things have changed since.

XoO should do nicely, then?

Old 10-19-2007, 05:08 PM

Bookin has much to be proud of
1. JUICE http://wowjuice.org
2. I can provide email if they are selected
3. Originally a FFXI Guild that transferred to WoW. Some members have been playing together since EQ.
4. JUICE has had many server first kills, in addition to an undefeated WSG (pre arena) team. Some other interesting topic's for discussion:
a. Going from a High Pop server to a low pop server(Unwelcome at first, then many guilds copied the JUICE guild "model")
b. Leadership changes- JUICE has been through several
c. At one point, a top 100 US Horde guild (not sure what they're at currently)
d. Several former members are now working in the gaming industry.

They would be a great interview if you're looking for a mid-tier guild.

Woops sorry for the thread necro!
Last edited by Bookin : 10-19-2007 at 05:09 PM. Reason: I R NECRO
Old 10-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Newb Puller

Keerwen has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Keerwen Send a message via Yahoo to Keerwen
1. Clan X of Rathe in EQ1
2. Rixma or Vortigern
3. The guild had grown 2 years before i joined and i was with them for another 2 years. Early this year i logged in for grins since i had the station pass and the guild was still there but most had move on to greener pastures.
4. They were a great group of friends and most if not all were like family. The more xperienced and or skilled would play with the inexperienced to help them learn and help get the gear they needed. They would not give up on a mob or a zone at all. When someone fetl joy in their real life it was most likely shared and same with the pains. IT was a family i still keep in touch with a few of them still to this day.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Enthusiast

Locke Monet Mage is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to Locke Monet Mage
1. The Dark Fin
2. Locke Monet Mage(member of Guild Cafe) or Lord Denci
3. This guild originally started back in 2002 doing many online text-based rpgs. We have since moved to be on games such as PSO, Runescape, Dungeon Seige, Kingdom of Loathing, Guild Wars and a couple of other online games and sites.
4. Plain and simple, this guild is bent on taking over the web with our style of humor and gameplay. Real life has put some holds on our goals, but we do have aspirations of being known world wide and eventually take over the net. We are all experienced players in various RPGs and currently Guild Wars has been our main area of concentration trying to build up a base. We are also a huge factor on the website Robotech.com in which myself and Lord Denci go by our original IGNs: Silver X and Xake the Dark.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Savant

Arkane is a jewel in the community Arkane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Arkane
1. Name of the guild/clan, primary game(s) and the leader.

The name of the guild is the Acolytes, and the leader of it is Redruum.

2. If they are a member of GuildCafe, please indicate their member name. If they are not a member, please indicate the best way to contact them (but please do NOT put email addresses here; if they are picked, and we need further assistance contacting them, we'll send you a private message.)

He is a member of GuildCafe, and his name here is Redruum as well.

3. Length of time the guild/clan has been in operation (typically, only well-established guilds will be considered for coverage).

Red actually started the guild, albeit under a different name, In Anarchy Online many years ago, five or six I believe. They were called the Clan Anarchist Syndicate (CAS) and become so well known and liked by not just the players, but developers as well that they had armor in the game named after them. The Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures branch of the Acolytes has been up and running for almost two years now, and they just opened up a Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning division a couple of days ago. They are also one of the most popular and well respected Age of Conan guilds around various forums. Despite just recently creating the WAR division, the guild already has received rave reviews and we have over twenty members and we just started recruiting three days ago.

4. A few sentences on what makes them extraordinary. We are very interested in interviewing leaders of groups with a great deal of history, unique views, or fresh ideas about how to manage, lead and organize guilds and clans--so keep that in mind when posting your nomination!

As I already wrote in the above the guild has been around in various games and has been extremely popular in more than one. The guild is very unique in that we are looking for both hardcore and casual players. We want people from all walks of life, of all ages ( above 17 unless you are very mature ), and from various areas. The guild is structured well in terms of ranking. They have had armor named after them in past games which not many guilds can say that they have. We are also a light role play guild, and while it is encouraged, it is not required, and I believe that the mix of all this together is highly unique. You normally do not find successful PvP guilds who role play, and make it through years and years, and games and games without dying. The more you talk to Red, the harder and harder it is to not like the guy and root for the guild!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 PM

Drakiis is a jewel in the community Drakiis is a jewel in the community
I can think of many guilds which fit the bill, Guild Wars or not, but I am not sure if they are represented here on Guild Cafe, or who they exactly are. I can't speak for groups of people I am not a part of, but if I had a vote on a strong guild with history, both loved and hated it would be KAAOS, I was raped repeatedly in Planetside by Hedron and Co...more fun then you could shake a sharp pointy stick at.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Legendary Gamer

Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community Hades-LotD is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiis View Post
I can think of many guilds which fit the bill, Guild Wars or not, but I am not sure if they are represented here on Guild Cafe, or who they exactly are. I can't speak for groups of people I am not a part of, but if I had a vote on a strong guild with history, both loved and hated it would be KAAOS, I was raped repeatedly in Planetside by Hedron and Co...more fun then you could shake a sharp pointy stick at.
I would vote for KAAOS. I've been fighting them since 1992 in the original AOL Neverwinter Nights. Too bad that wikipedia link doesn't have any old screenshots.

But I remember fighting Hedron and Malhavok in the NWN sewers almost nightly. Back then I was with GOC (Guild of Chaos) and Nightmasks. The last time I fought then was in the early Guild Wars days when the Hall of Heroes was still worth fighting for, and we kept being matched up in the final map.
Motto: Killing With Style
Old 04-03-2008, 01:26 AM

Drakiis is a jewel in the community Drakiis is a jewel in the community
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojJshXrUTE0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6YlP...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24BqO...eature=related

Old Video, and poorly made, but this is what I've faced playing them in planetside, and they've always shown themselves to be exceptional players. Hedrons a smart guild leader with years of experience and gaming knowledge. Although known to be abrasive and elitist the guild has ranked high in many of the games they've choosen to play and they are a very tight knit unit.