11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 03-09-2007, 04:14 AM
Enthusiast

alomo has set foot on a distinguished road
things i have learned from company of heroes
if you play with computer 'allies' in skirmish mode, prepare yourself for headaches. the computer will NOT respond to resource points that are being taken. the computer 'allies' really dont use much of this crazy thing called 'strategy.'

choke points are your friend. if you play as the americans, and there are bridges that can be destroyed, DESTROY them. force the computer to attack from as few places as possible.

when guarding the choke points, have anti-armor, anti-infantry. do NOT group them up. i have learned to spread them out, yet keep a concentrated fire at a single location. a good thing to do is have a two or three snipers, two morter teams and two or three anti-tank guns. i find the anti-tank guns to be far more effective than vehicles. they do not cost any fuel and can take a beating. having a defensive structure is nice also, but not really required, a machine gun team can be just as good. with this set up, you can hold out for just about the entire game against the computer from a single choke point. of course, the more you can put in there, the better. but be very care not to put things too close together, othewise one artillery strike and you have just lost a major component of your defensive force.

when you are about to go on the offensive, armor is the best way to go about it. if you can get six tanks, you should be good. out of the six, four of them should be shermans, and add one the flamethrower tanks, and a tank destroyer. i would also recommend upgrading the weapons of all of them as well. i would also consider bringing the following units along as well, just a bit further away, a sniper or two, and an engineer or two. the snipers in case the computer has any anti tank guns. snipers make very short work of them and are much more effective than losing a unit of armor. the engineers are there for repairs.

i like to go up the armor branch. the other branches are ok, but armor is just too good to pass up.

the units that i have found that work exceptionally well are snipers, anti-tank guns and the m8 armored car. i have won quite a few skirmishes with just them.

(i have not played online. to be honest, i really dont care much for online RTS games. it seems it just boils down to who can make the most of a single unit first.)
Old 04-01-2007, 11:56 PM

BLink has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to BLink Send a message via Yahoo to BLink
wow u write long
Old 04-05-2007, 05:23 AM

TimeKill has much to be proud of
But he does have good points though.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:05 AM
Enthusiast

alomo has set foot on a distinguished road
i have come to the conclusion that the germans are a bit better than the americans for one main reason: area of effect attacks. the german Nebelwerfer, you can upgrade the halftrack to have rockets, then on top of all this, you have the 'specials' from artillery strikes to V2 strikes.

I was playing a skirmish mission and there was a group of americans, I fired off a salvo from my nebelwerfer and my halftrack, and decimated them. the best thing about them is that they require zero resources. the closest thing the americans have is the sherman calliope. the downside to the sherman calliope is how much it costs in resources and how deep it is in the armor tree.

the germans also have more in the way of stealth. their stormtroopers and anti armor guns can stealth. the americans only have the sniper.