Founding Member

Neowart has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Neowart Send a message via MSN to Neowart
Vanguard + my comp = laggy (help)
My specs are:

P4 3.4
1 gig ram
ATI mobility Radeon 9800

I can't figure out what the deal is. Even my sound is lagging.

Anyone know what could be causing this?
I mean I can run almost every game on high quality settings with no problems. It doesn't matter if I put this game on the lowest settings possible, it's still yucky!

Please someone give me some kind of advice!!

Thanks
Old 02-08-2007, 10:32 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I know there is a .ini tweak guide somewhere. There is stuff you can change that will improve performance. Upgrading to 2 gigs will help also.

Edit: Found the link for the .ini stuff. http://vanguard.tentonhammer.com/ind...lay&ceid= 499
Old 02-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Enthusiast

PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community
It's probably not a good idea to play Vanguard with less than 2 Gigs RAM.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Founding Member

Zerx is a jewel in the community Zerx is a jewel in the community
I played with 1 gig of ram with no issues. Just do the .ini tweak and you should be good to go.

www.Nerfing.com
Old 02-09-2007, 05:24 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Will the ini tweak work for Vista?
Old 02-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I don't see why it wouldn't. All it does is change some of the game settings that you can't change in game. AFAIK it doesn't have anything to do with the OS.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Newb Puller

Keerwen has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Keerwen Send a message via Yahoo to Keerwen
Roxianna did you change the ini in vista? I have and i didn't get much boost out of it. I do notice an improvement when in full window mode however, though i don't like it, keeps me from researching or surfing the web.