11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 10-18-2006, 05:07 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Help With Avatars
At this time, GuildCafe has no library from which members can easily select an avatar. We know you've requested one, and we are working on licensing something. In the meantime, I thought I compile a list of avatar creation Websites for you convenience.

Please post any sites you know of along with comments like was it free, how much it cost, did it work, etc. I'll keep this post uptodate with your findings.

Meez
Advantages: Free, fun (especially if you like to play with dolls), high quality, cute images in ready-to-go sizes.
Disadvantages: CCreq. to sign-up, Java makes Firefox crash, these cutie-pies can't PWN a flea.

South Park Avatars at the Planearium
Advantages: Free, no sign-up, makes SouthPark characters
Disadvantages: Must be able to screenshot, resize and perform an unsharp mask to get a good avatar at 80X80.

Anime Style at Dooky Web
Advantages Free high quality anime style avatars with attitude
Disadvantages Must be able to screenshot, resize and perform an unsharp mask and save with a transparent bacjground to get a good avatar at 80X80.
Last edited by Roxianna : 10-19-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:56 PM

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Meez
Meez is a pretty cool little site with a pretty powerful Java program that empowers you to create a personalized animated avatar.
  • Meez is free but does require a credit card to sign-up
  • The vast majority of clothes and accessories are free. For those that cost something, the currency is beanz. Beenz are worth $.10 and can be purchased in varying amounts starting with 50 Beenz for $5.00, 105 Beenz for $10 (a 5% bonus) and 275 Beenz for $25 (a 10% bonus)

For security reasons, GuildCafe does not allows HTML in your posts and signatures so you can't use the fully animated one served from the Meez site. However you can export an animated .GIF file for use in the GuildCafe blog. Othersizes work for avatars. Allow Meez Roxianna to demonstrate...

GuildCafe blog friendly 300X400 animated and 175X260 still

Meez will also output export avatar images in two sizes you can use
on GuildCafe with no alteration: Avatar ready 44X44 and 66X66

Meez also export to 100X100 that is too large for the GuildCafe, but without too much
effort, you can resize and crop to the 80 X 110 size preferred by the GuildCafe (more on using free tools to crop and resize) in future posts. Croppable 100X100 and preferred 80X110
Last edited by Roxianna : 10-18-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:13 PM

South Park Avatars at the Planearium
South Park Style Avatars

Advantages: Free, no sign-up, makes SouthPark characters
Disadvantages: Must be able to screenshot, resize and perform an unsharp mask to get a good avatar at 80X80.

Here is my South Park style Roxianna:

Last edited by Roxianna : 10-18-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:35 PM

Anime Style at Dooky Web
Advantages Free high quality anime style avatars with attitude
Disadvantages Must be able to screenshot, resize and perform an unsharp mask and save with a transparent bacjground to get a good avatar at 80X80.

Dooky Roxianna
Old 10-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Aww c'mon, y'all can do these on your own. I know ya can!

Old 10-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Meatshield On Deck!

be0wulfe has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to be0wulfe Send a message via MSN to be0wulfe Send a message via Yahoo to be0wulfe Send a message via Skype™ to be0wulfe
^^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaya View Post
Aww c'mon, y'all can do these on your own. I know ya can!
ROFL yeah, SURE we can Oh Mistress of the Virtual Paintbrush.

I tried and you can see how far I got ...^^^^^^
Old 11-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
I play around with graphics all the time. I have PhotoShop CS and Paint Shop Pro 7 that I create graphics/websites with. I have a whole collection/portfolio of my work.

The only "catch" is that I can't draw to save my life, so all of my creations are of pictures that I find on Google or something, and smurge together.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:04 PM

Smile Down with pencils. Up with pixels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
I play around with graphics all the time. I have PhotoShop CS and Paint Shop Pro 7 that I create graphics/websites with. I have a whole collection/portfolio of my work.

The only "catch" is that I can't draw to save my life, so all of my creations are of pictures that I find on Google or something, and smurge together.
I cannot "draw" at all. Fortunately today's tools allow me to create art from art and "smurge" it as you say. I am careful to license everything I include that's not clearly in the public domain.

I buy stuff from the following sites (except the ones giving it away):P.S. I just discovered I could drag and drop links right our of my sidebar bookmarks/Favorites list and into this editor. That rocks!