11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

View Poll Results: When I am playing a game I am OFTEN also...
...watching TV 75 38.46%
...listening to my own music 117 60.00%
...listening to talk 48 24.62%
...caring for children 17 8.72%
...reading 32 16.41%
...other 79 40.51%
None of the above. I am fully focused on the game. 32 16.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2007, 04:57 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Multitasking: Are you playing games and...
When I play a game, I am fully immersed. I don't think of anything except what I am doing in game--I listen to game soundtrack only. So over the years, I have been surprised to learn that this is not the case for others. This poll is an attempt to get a rough idea of how many people are engaged in gaming and...

Discuss...
Old 01-21-2007, 05:16 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I'm usually also watching TV, messing with my kids, and I also picked other because I'm usually on the internet too. Unless I'm doing something really important, then I just focus on the game.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Devil's Advocate

Ravage is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Ravage
With MMO's, I typically do more while playing. Particularly, in WoW, I will listen to music, listen to (or watch) tv, have Rush Limbaugh going, or some like activity. However, in SWG, my freedom was even more apparent, as I could not only watch TV while playing, but make dinner, go to class, spend time with the girlfriend, and sleep! (thank you, ACtool!)

Most other games I get very immersed in, however. I listen to music in some shooters, but mostly I prefer not to have distractions, so I can hear footfalls and such.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:51 PM
The Midnight Piper

Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Skyles
I've always multitasked while I game - my computer is set up to sit at an angle to the TV so that I can view both easily, and a radio sits nearby. I regularly have to split my attention between my game and a 3-year-old, or between the game and a conversation with a friend. It's pretty rare that I run a game and nothing else - that's reserved for the games with really superb atmosphere.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:58 PM

Khalaio has much to be proud of
I picked other. In Shadowbane I generally run 5 accounts at a time, when I was playing WoW I'd play in windowed mode and surf the net/forums etc at the same time... just listen in vent for when the game needed my actual attention. With something like a FPS I'll generally be focused on the game (can't really sneak up behind some tank with C4 in BF2 if you're watching TV).

In DAoC I'd sit at my PC playing gameboy advance while waiting in a keep for the players from Albion/Hibernia to come back.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Voice of Reason

Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community Cleric is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via Skype™ to Cleric
Well, I guess I'm fully immersed. BF2142 has an in-game voice chat, but that's part of the game. :P

Old 01-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Depends on the game. MMO's usually leave enough room for watching tv, listening to music, playing xbox, doing homework, taking a wizz. All at the same time ofc.

FPS is usually evertything off and shoot.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Troll

samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness samhain is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
When I am "TRYING" to play a game, I usually "TRY" to listen to music that fits the game I'm playing.. If I'm PVPing by myself, ill play some good ol' fashioned hardcore.. if im crafting or doing some silly quests, I've been known to play enya (k, fga).

But I had to choose other, because in reality... I'm usually just listening to my wife and daughter bitch at me for not playing with them.

gaming news
Old 01-22-2007, 12:07 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
But I had to choose other, because in reality... I'm usually just listening to my wife and daughter bitch at me for not playing with them.
I know exactly what you mean. My daughter is not old enough, but my wife makes up for it.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:16 AM
The Midnight Piper

Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Skyles
Time to get a second computer and ask why THEY aren't playing with YOU... it's how my sister finally started gaming with her husband after months of complaining. Either works or gets you the sofa for a month or two...