11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 10-18-2006, 04:09 AM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
How to Chill Over an Overheating CPU
Traditionally ice and computers don't mix! So don't try this at home kids, but I did find this unique idea from the HalfBakery Website for cooling overheated CPUs.

From Hippo in 2002:

Every morning before you start work, load the hopper on the top of your computer with ice cubes from the fridge. These ice cubes will be individually dropped into a waterproof box on top of your CPU and, as they melt, draw away heat from the chip. Run-off water will flow down a small drain into a polystyrene cup, giving you your first of many refreshing drinks of (still cool) water about halfway through the morning. For overclocked or extremely power-hungry CPUs, salt can be added as well, although this will render the run-off water undrinkable.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:22 AM
Virtuoso of ValorGuild Contest Award

Strider is community member of note
lol i like this i think ill buy it
Old 10-29-2006, 04:05 PM

Esis has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Esis Send a message via MSN to Esis
OMGZ!
great idea! haha..how about kool-aid ice cubes?

Back in the day of Asherons Call 1, I had a computer which I overclocked too much, and so to keep it cool, I took an old coffee can, hollowed it out, and then took a 60 gallon trashbag and put it over one of those 3 foot window fans. So I had the fan funneling into the trashbag which was taped to the coffee can, which sat on the CPU. THATS some air flow.

Course during the spring when pollen season came, I looked inside to see my CPU and mobo plastered in pollen, bright yellow. Then I heard a zap...

Esis