11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

View Poll Results: When I am playing a game I am OFTEN also...
...watching TV 75 38.46%
...listening to my own music 117 60.00%
...listening to talk 48 24.62%
...caring for children 17 8.72%
...reading 32 16.41%
...other 79 40.51%
None of the above. I am fully focused on the game. 32 16.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast

DorlasEdrahil is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to DorlasEdrahil
The only possible activity besides playing is smoking and drinking, and only when I'm crafting etc. Or playing IWAY lol.

Honestly speaking, I don't have TV, in fact I moved it out of the house. I can't stress enough how much I despise the fracken smiling' imbeciles poisoning me on it. For movies or series, I have another combo.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:35 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain View Post
But I had to choose other, because in reality... I'm usually just listening to my wife and daughter bitch at me for not playing with them.
I can only imagine. I just have a cat, and she's bad enough.

I'm a full-immersion type myself, although I don't think OOC chat counts as immersion. Hey, crafting is tedious.

I listen to in-game music just long enough to check it out, then turn on my own (massive) jukebox. Except when I play Painkiller, which has the best soundtrack ever. EVER! Where's my stake gun?

Just been replaying that game again. It so makes up for the disappointment that was Doom 3.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 06-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Enthusiast

Yeti is a jewel in the community Yeti is a jewel in the community
for me it all depends on the level of difficulty and how hard i have to think about what im doing for the most part im just Chillaxin and killing stuff but on raids or times when im sniping and need to hear people trying to sneak up on me i dont do anything but the game
Old 06-23-2007, 04:23 AM
Enthusiast

Abdo is a cornerstone of the community Abdo is a cornerstone of the community Abdo is a cornerstone of the community
If its an MMORPG I usually need my own music playing, and am usually talking on phone/ texting/ watching tv/ yelling at brother. That is until I get to PVP and need to focus more then I usually just listen to own music, though i keep games sound effects on and the music relatively low(which is still pretty loud).
FPS's need my full attention usually.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:59 AM

Nhobah has much to be proud of
I've got my laptop fired up in addition to my gaming rig. I'm usually catching up on email, checking out forums, plotting world domination... you know, regular routine stuff.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:52 AM

Lillith has much to be proud of
My dog's usually at my feet under my desk and my own music playing. If I get into an especially hairy battle, I turn it up! If I'm on TS, then I'm totally concentrating in game...
Old 06-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Infamous

Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Jodou is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Come to think of it, I have no idea what half the game music is like for some of the games I've played. There's always a trance/techno/DnB/house beat going thanks to digitally imported on winamp. In fact, there's one playing right now. . .

"[That] Coming from a guy who more or less spawn camps a web forum. . ." -- tekhedd
Old 07-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Enthusiast

KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community KILLERCOD is a cornerstone of the community
I'd love to be totally immersed, and get to be maybe 25% of the time. Family usually interceeds upon my gaming habbit...
Old 07-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Famous Member

Perfectd is a jewel in the community Perfectd is a jewel in the community
I had to go for the Tv. It's always on. In retrospec I should have clicked on children too, but I'm not usually doing something in game important when the kids are awake, usually just crafting or something like that.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Famous Member

Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence Delmar is bathed in a white light of excellence
If only there was a moment in any part of my day where I didn't have to multi-task!

Between kids, wife, pets, second computer with loud speakers, TV, phone calls, IMs, e-mail, my work and, of course, stuffing my face with any snacks I get my hands on, its a miracle I manage to get anything done in-game LOL!

Of course, I can't give multi-tasking up...then I'd have no excuse for sucking so bad at GW