11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

View Poll Results: When I am playing a game I am OFTEN also...
...watching TV 75 38.46%
...listening to my own music 117 60.00%
...listening to talk 48 24.62%
...caring for children 17 8.72%
...reading 32 16.41%
...other 79 40.51%
None of the above. I am fully focused on the game. 32 16.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2007, 04:06 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by be0wulfe View Post
On the subject of in-game sound - I haven't played with any in-game sound for about four years now
Playing with no sound will cause PvP suckitude.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:11 PM

Location: Atlanta on weekends, and temple on weekdays. both are in Georgia.
Mazarill Slay has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mazarill Slay Send a message via MSN to Mazarill Slay Send a message via Yahoo to Mazarill Slay
I like to listen to my own music, though sometimes i play with the cats.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Meatshield On Deck!

be0wulfe has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to be0wulfe Send a message via MSN to be0wulfe Send a message via Yahoo to be0wulfe Send a message via Skype™ to be0wulfe
Really? I could see that being the case if my ear could actually differentiate between the cacophony of sounds in a game. I know folks in WoW would cue off certain sounds, especially when PvP'ing vs Rogues, but I must not have an ear for it.

Would make a good article though: "The Role of Audio in PvP or - You WILL suck if you play without sound"
Old 02-02-2007, 01:00 AM

PsyOps has much to be proud of
watching TV - only for about one or two shows then I'm back to focusing on the game.

listening to my own music - only for an FPS that doesn't have voice chat or for HARDCORE DOTA

listening to talk - I talk to my brother about stuff while playing

reading - Flipping throught the game manual while it loads a new map

other - Eatin' pizza
Old 02-02-2007, 01:35 AM

Daniboy41 has much to be proud of
Talking Immersion is the best thing for me...
I completely immerse myself in any game i play down to playing with earphones so i cannot hear background sound and sometimes i pick up my cellphone (if the person calling is of interest hehe ) immersion is very important to me the only thing i could do is change the soundtrack of the game to one i like that goes with the game. In WOW i used this program http://www.atelierdebercy.com/soundtrack/?page_id=2
it lets u change the music in game one by one so if u zone u could edit that zones music with one you liked but thats the only thing i do when gaming i also try to play on RP servers im not a hardcore RPer but i do it once in a while...
Old 02-02-2007, 04:12 PM

DemiGod has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DemiGod
I watch TV or Listen to Music and I have Vent on at all times when I'm playing a game. My level of attention to those changes depending on what I'm doing though.

Pvp being one of the only things i give my full attention too.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:50 PM

Lishal has much to be proud of
Im always either listening to music or watching TV while i play games....especially if the game involved tedious grinding of levels
Old 03-30-2007, 06:28 PM

ShadowEfx has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowEfx
I usually have to concentrate solely on the task at hand. im one of those types that dont like to miss a sec of whats going on infront of me. Figure if all my time is going into a character, might as well try to focus on that character 100%.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:02 AM
Reality Escapist

LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community LaiAhnaCharro is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to LaiAhnaCharro
For me it all depends on the game and the community. Now if you are talking a game on a caliber to SWG pre-CU. Then I get to engrossed with the game to even think of doing anything else while I am in it.

Yet, if you are talking a simple game. I watch tv, chat, and do other things while playing.

As for music, yes I get tired of the same ol, same ol. So, I listen to my own. I leave on the game sound effects (this can usually be done in the game option menue).
Old 05-29-2007, 07:46 AM
Rising Star

MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to MaeveAlleine Send a message via AIM to MaeveAlleine Send a message via Yahoo to MaeveAlleine
I tend to have my mp3s cranked when I'm home alone. When my fiance and I are gaming together, we have our tv and dvr on.

visit my blog: oh! san diego dot com