11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

View Poll Results: When I am playing a game I am OFTEN also...
...watching TV 75 38.46%
...listening to my own music 117 60.00%
...listening to talk 48 24.62%
...caring for children 17 8.72%
...reading 32 16.41%
...other 79 40.51%
None of the above. I am fully focused on the game. 32 16.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2007, 02:36 AM

Agge has much to be proud of
If Im doing something else, then Im not playing the game. AFK gaming fails. Listening to music moast of the time though, wouldn't realy call that multi-tasking.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:41 AM

hall88 has much to be proud of
I don't think I CAN completely focus on just the game. Haha. 90% of the time I am listing to either the radio or my own downloaded music. Sure at first I will listen to game music but then it just bores me. Only time I really focus is in FPS competitions. I turn off my music, turn up in game sound, and turn up vent/ts. Thats the only time that I really give the same my full attention.

For MMO's I've muted Vent and listened to music on some first attempts at new content. Although I did that, that inst worse than one of my friends who just fell asleep while waiting for replacements to zone in. (I'm talking about WoW in particular.

Thats how it goes for me at least.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Enthusiast

SpugNothuson has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SpugNothuson Send a message via Skype™ to SpugNothuson
I'm often listening to my own music and I go to, sometimes extreme, lengths to get the actual game I am playing to play the music I want.

Some times this is easily done with Addons to control an mp3 folder, others it requires messing with the games own music folders.

The right piece of music can often further put you inside the game.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast

Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Ama-Ebi Send a message via MSN to Ama-Ebi
I will often chat with my husband while I'm gaming. Sometimes, I have to tab out so I can look up 'cog locations' while he plays GoW on Xbox! Being a crafter would get kinda quiet at times, so crafting to your own music is very helpful. Many times, I'd grab lunch or dinner or enjoy an alchololic beverage (or two or three..) while at the comupter too.

I know Ypa plays his guitar while he is in game. He is the only person uber enough to kick A** in PvP while playing his own music LIVE.

Ama-Ebi Unagi Zahira Daja
Old 01-24-2007, 08:46 PM

sreyen has much to be proud of
I rarely really focus on the game. That only happens when i am playing an intense single-player-game or doing some serious FPS where sound is important. I'm usually listening to music, surfing the web, chatting with friends or playing windows-games while i am waiting for something to happen. Well, of course the nerdy "eating in front of the pc" too.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:23 PM

Agi has much to be proud of
I like to be fully immersed with the game if I can, but that mostly happens at night for me, as I have a 4 year old son..(who plays his own cute little games like a maniac.... wonder where he got that from? LOL).

In all games my guildies/friends know the fact that I need to keep jumping up and down to care for the little one, and they're very understanding about it... some are in the same shoes as well.

I try to fellow or group up when it seems I'll have enough time uniterrupted to complete the quests, without having a whole team waiting on me.

No wonder I love crafting in most of my games.... it's great to play while taking care of children.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:09 AM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I usually have the tv on, but it's just background noise - i can't follow a program or movie if I'm playing.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:08 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I KISS YOU!

Don't game and read your email at the same time...I laughed so hard...I died.

"To:XXXX
Subject:Invitation to Join Enz's Personal NetworkDate:Friday, January 26, 2007 7:57:20 PM

Maya,

I am Enz, French painter, sculptor, designer, writer: frontier runner towards the shore. I want the division, without any exclusion, which is of geographical origin, social background, sex, age, generation, mentality, temperament... Each one can bring so much has each one. And it division is richer by the differences.
I must however say to you that, from my existential course, my individuation to reach it to Oneself, to employ the terminology of analytical psychology, or my alchemy "to carry out" the Philosopher's stone, to speak about the Philosopher's stone, or Wuxing, according to Chinese Zen, Mushin for Japanese, I am carrying a new ethics which makes all the more inadequate and alienating old morals.
I seek friends, a partner for my activities and an accomplice in the existence, which will be my wife. I currently live in a village of France, at two hours of Paris, but I also wish to have a residence and a workshop is in the United States, in Canada, in Mexico, in Brazil, in Australia, in China, in Japan, in India, in Thailand or in another country of Asia, to make known there what I transmit by my art and my writings.
To know a little which I am, I suggest you visiting my site (http://www.enz.fr) and to see some last of my creations, that one:
http://web.artprice.com/store/Enz
You can send an email to me to speak each other about to send you and me photographs of you (enz_art@tiscali.fr)? I would send to you what I address to the art galleries so that you know who I am. Currently, I carry out creations on the topic of the woman. If I can send emails to you, I would address of it also the presentation to you. With soon I hope.

I kiss you. Enz

Permanent exposure
Creations of Enz
Art Wuxing / Mushin
47, Grande Rue
F 89160 ANCY LE FRANC _FRANCE

Tél. +33 (0)3 86 75 03 42 / +33 (0)3 45 14 03 42
(I only speak French. I learn English.)

E-mail : enz_art@tiscali.fr
: enzartmushin@yahoo.fr

Sites Internet
Personnel : http://www.enz.fr
Art Price: http://web.artprice.com/store/Enz

Old 01-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Famous Member

Heyian has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Heyian
I wont be multitasking if I start playing a game, lets say for the first 2-3 weeks, I'll immerse myself completely, even playing lights down a little just to get the right feeling of the game. Then, if I like the games soundtrack, I wont be playing my songs, if the game needs my whole attention, I wont watch tv or check things out on the web. It all depends on the game in fact...

Might think I'm Right, might think I'm Wrong but I'd be honored to read about it!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Meatshield On Deck!

be0wulfe has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to be0wulfe Send a message via MSN to be0wulfe Send a message via Yahoo to be0wulfe Send a message via Skype™ to be0wulfe
The more down time there is the more likely I am to be multitasking. Starts with the TV, works my way up to books and if I consider doing some work, I actually logoff and go do something else or go play something else

On the subject of in-game sound - I haven't played with any in-game sound for about four years now - ever since my daughter, a light sleeper if ever there was one - was born.

Headsets are out because - yes, I have to keep an ear out for her waking up Sometimes she goes back to sleep herself, sometimes she doesn't.

This'll probably change when she's, oh, 18 and out of the house. Or 21. Or 35.