11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 02-14-2009, 11:35 PM

Laurel1 has much to be proud of
Message away to you, Gary m'dear

LINN!!! State Department, eh? DHS here - which seriously cuts into my down time. lol. They keep pointing me toward Asia, and I keep resisting. I don't think I can wrap my mind around 1,500,999 yen actually being a buck fifty U.S.

Still miss you all and our own little virtual slice of paradise.

Laurel
Old 03-26-2009, 11:08 PM

Kallon has much to be proud of
Hey
Just want to stop and say hi. The list of names and memories is impressive. I didnt play long or make much history but as someone who has fond memories of the game, the atmosphere, and the people I can say its nice to see everyone and remember so many names of people that defined early internet and credit card bills for me. Its hard to explain to anyone how great and strange LOFP was with any kind of justice, but I try. Thanks for great memories of great times.

Kallon Scrub / Derek
Old 03-27-2009, 04:17 AM

Garin has much to be proud of
Where's Korazon?
I owe him a kick. Hi everyone!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:12 PM

VirtualNomad has much to be proud of
OMGZ! HOWL!
Jebu, The Elder of The Land here! (blame my AD&D days for the long name )

I should have guessed that i wouldn't be the only one to continue holding a torch for Legends... i still talk about the game on occasion. generally in the context of "...so, this is where it all began" (for me, as an MMO gamer. you know, back before MMO was an acronym). followed closely by, "I maxed 2 credit cards there!"(and i still don't regret it! ). i should have guessed there would be a Refugee Center for us somewhere... alas, my massive "textual skills", gained in large part from time spent in Legends, have delivered me home...

while perusing prior posts here, a few names rang bells:

once-omnipresent Nissa, Kai, Shanta and Garin, too. and, of course, Slayer, whom i befriended early on because he'd taken my desired character name (but, had quickly (and continues to) make up for it whther he'd intended to or not). you should know you've been with me through many adventures, in many realms and many forms, since then! so, now, many years later, will you tell me "it's true" or otherwise, or shall i continue to wonder if you ARE responsible for the Blood Reign?

while most of my memories of Legends are slowly becoming one with The Mists, some have remained vivid and strong! From countless hours spent petting my Kitten-Skin Gloves (a favorite pastime of mine) to the corpses of Corsairs piled high, no GPU yet produced can replicate such grand and delicious imagery! this, for me, is why Legends remains true to its name.

and, there are others:
Belgarion, master of hand-to-hand, teacher, inspiration, and direct cause of any success i found in the arena (/bow).

Phelan Kell, dark artisan, shape-shifter, and Blackest of Stars which kept lit the path and my destiny. your decrepid aura nourished the voracious and hungry reaches of my second-self. my only regret, o Master, is that i couldn't bring Reckoning to the land before my departure

Amelinda, my beautiful elven bride. the fire-pot which kept me warm, and the purest of souls who took me with her wiles and ways. does The Ring, crafted by spiders, still sparkle with moonlight, i wonder? and, your friend Rysh. i've not forgotten him, too.

and, i recall a woman of mystery (to me)... Tyria? Tianna? T-something-A, who was known to dwell, also, in a sister-world and wear latex and chains...

so, "hello once again" to all, and thanks for stirring echoes from a wonderful Past; i'll check in from time to time. as my moniker (of a few years now) suggests, i have, and still do, travel many a road, through numerous worlds, but i NEVER forget where i've been

HOWL!
Last edited by VirtualNomad : 03-30-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:09 PM

Tannelorn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualNomad View Post
and, of course, Slayer, whom i befriended early on because he'd taken my desired character name (but, had quickly (and continues to) make up for it whther he'd intended to or not). you should know you've been with me through many adventures, in many realms and many forms, since then! so, now, many years later, will you tell me "it's true" or otherwise, or shall i continue to wonder if you ARE responsible for the Blood Reign?

HOWL!

Hahaha... heya Jebu!

I hate to break it to ya, but the rumor of me being in or part of the band Slayer was not started by me, although I must admit to having plenty of fun perpetuating it.

It is however... just that, a rumor.

Sorry to break your after all these years.... but it's great to hear from you none-the-less!

Old 04-02-2009, 09:14 AM

VirtualNomad has much to be proud of
but... but... son of a... hehehe. well, then you might remember telling me "hey, i'm thinking of joining Jane's Addiction" and i said something like... "uh. cool!" when i really meant to say "how horrible!". i guess that was the day i should have known it was a joke! i blame it all on Legends... the game had my imagination running 24/7 (and, apparently, still does). good stuff
Old 04-02-2009, 10:40 AM

Tannelorn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualNomad View Post
but... but... son of a... hehehe. well, then you might remember telling me "hey, i'm thinking of joining Jane's Addiction" and i said something like... "uh. cool!" when i really meant to say "how horrible!". i guess that was the day i should have known it was a joke! i blame it all on Legends... the game had my imagination running 24/7 (and, apparently, still does). good stuff
LOL!

That's too funny... and no I don't remember saying that... but I am glad to still get a kick out of it after so many years.

Gah... it really doesn't seem like 16 years ago.... Little kids that were born the day I said that to you... are driving now.

Meh!
Old 05-02-2009, 02:09 PM

Sierron has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin View Post
I owe him a kick. Hi everyone!
Bah! Who let you in here Mr. Stumpy mayor?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:09 AM

Faydian has much to be proud of
Amazing that we all still have LoFP in the back of our heads. Hell one my main e-mails accounts was from the days I was trying to start a new dark cult on a mage named Krystian. I made the email darkandor@hotmail.com and never stopped using it.

I play WoW all the time and like it a lot but in a different way. Looking at trying Champions Online when it comes out.

Sean A.KA..
Jayd Varien - Lawkeeper
Shadow - GM
Old 05-08-2009, 03:18 PM

Sierron has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faydian View Post
Amazing that we all still have LoFP in the back of our heads. Hell one my main e-mails accounts was from the days I was trying to start a new dark cult on a mage named Krystian. I made the email darkandor@hotmail.com and never stopped using it.

I play WoW all the time and like it a lot but in a different way. Looking at trying Champions Online when it comes out.

Sean A.KA..
Jayd Varien - Lawkeeper
Shadow - GM
Yeah, it's just too bad there will never be another game like LoFP and the sad fact is, I doubt there will ever be a place for a game like that again. I always find myself wishing it had never shut down and we were still playing it. You know, at the end of this year it will be 10 years since the game closed.

I know folks have tried to create games like it, but as far as I know none of them ever opened, but ah well, I guess that is the way things go sometimes.