Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 01-18-2009, 04:53 AM

Tannelorn has much to be proud of
Sev!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eponymous View Post
Hello all,

I played Severian, among others, and was later the GM known as Sloth.

LoFP was a superior vehicle for role-playing, which pretty much doesn't exist in the one graphic MMORPG I've spent a lot of time in (Shadowbane).

I have fond memories of being helped as a clueless newbie by Ferumbras, of winning my first duel against Gorma with only a few points of health to spare, of many fun fights with Prophet, Elminster, and other, of hours spent rolling Rollers with Tomas, and of the generally good group of people who played the game.

It consumed many hours and led to good things.

The graphic MMORPG world still hasn't caught up.
SEV! Haha...

Wow... all the names I thought I had forgotten...

Montar, Shanta, Severian, Nissa, Loup, Lor, Prophet, Gorma, Camorra, Tomas, Tain, Schrodingerscat, Hile, Melee, Saryon, Thalion, Brandis, Taileuwen....

It's all a blur and while it seems like so long ago, it could also have been days.

Good times.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:06 AM

BTW...

I haven't been playing WOW much since the new expansion came out.... but it might amuse some of you to know I played a night-elf rogue named Dahkhan.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:26 PM

Mugglewump has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mugglewump
I'm pretty much playing EQ2 these days after migrating from EQ1 when it was released. I've set foot in Vanguard, SWG, CoH/CoV and Conan but pretty much always come back to EQ2. ;p

Old 01-19-2009, 09:02 PM

Montar has much to be proud of
Shanta and I have tried every game that's come down the road but we're solely in WoW at the moment. We've been part of a pretty special guild for the past 2.5 years (as close as we've come to the feeling of friendship we had in LoFP) and that the main reason we're playing WoW and not something else.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugglewump View Post
I'm pretty much playing EQ2 these days after migrating from EQ1 when it was released. I've set foot in Vanguard, SWG, CoH/CoV and Conan but pretty much always come back to EQ2. ;p
Hey Muggs!

Long time man.

Yeah, I tried most of those myself too... but I have to say, WOW is superior in a lot of ways.

Blizzard really did a good job on this one. Have you tried it?

Come hang out with us if you haven't!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:58 PM

Mugglewump has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mugglewump
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannelorn View Post
Hey Muggs!

Long time man.

Yeah, I tried most of those myself too... but I have to say, WOW is superior in a lot of ways.

Blizzard really did a good job on this one. Have you tried it?

Come hang out with us if you haven't!
I have never played WOW - not even the trial version. Having played UO and EQ1 as the first 'graphical MMO' experience WOW has always struck me as really simple, graphically and all. Of course, I can only speak from what I have read and looked at over the years as opposed to experience. ;p

I just built a brand new machine with tons of power and have EQ2 cranked up graphically and I have to say that it is amazing. A whole new game experience with everything turned on and even at the highest settings I don't imagine WOW could touch it.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:23 PM

JackFetch has much to be proud of
An overlooked pile of sticks and rubbish twitches and stirs in the corner. You're filled with a tingle of dread as a vaguely familiar shape rises and forms from the debris. As the lopsided visage of the scarecrow turns to face you, a long-forgotten voice rustles and whispers: "Aha! I found you all!"

Howdy! Nice to see everyone. I'm having flashbacks now to my time as a player of Loup Gamin, the guy who almost never came out of wolf form, and of course all the amazing time spent as Jack Fetch, partner of Tannelorn and crafter of insidious challenges disguised as events.

I have to say, there has never been a game with such a constant gm-run event schedule since Legends. These days people get excited if their games have something new to look at a couple times a year, we did it several times a week. Okay, so I can't see WoW developers fixing errors in their coding while players are being led through a new area... but that was part of the excitement back then.

Currently, I'm living in the Pacific Northwest, still attempting to acclimate to a damp, moldy, grey climate after 9 years. I'm raising the world's orneriest children, and playing Age of Conan mostly. First graphic MMO that lets me stand there and smack something on the head with a stick if I so desire. Did my time in EQ, EQ2, Asheron's Call, WoW, City of Heroes, and Tabula Rasa... but nothing sticks with you like LoFP does.

Hope to catch up with you all,

Eddie aka Jack Fetch
Old 01-23-2009, 04:44 AM

druid has much to be proud of
Greetings all. Cartin/Chanatahe here. I'm still in the Northeast, living in Nashua, NH currently.

Playing EVE (sorta) in safe Caldari space and EQ2 on the AB server.

Miss all you guys and the good times.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:55 AM

druid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel! View Post
Gary - you out there? Have missed you tremendously.
Laurel
Still here, tossed you a few notes since we made contact through email. Miss you big time as well. Drop me a line.

G
Old 01-28-2009, 01:34 AM

Donner has much to be proud of
Hi all
Hi all - nice to see there is a group of us that still remember Legends that had to be the best game in the world. Donner Walsung and Annabelle Lee here. We are living in CT now after South Jersey for a long time.

Donner plays WOW under a variety of names on Earthen Ring server but Annabelle doesn't play any since she enjoys the text only and purely rp'ng games that Legend was.

God, we miss that game and all the good time we had with you all so much. Good luck and please keep in touch with us!

Donner and Annabelle
(Steve and April)