11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 10-04-2008, 06:38 AM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Anything would be great. I'm not too concerned about combat... Something that might give a flavor of the game at the time.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 10-04-2008, 03:01 PM

Montar has much to be proud of
Well, here's a short snippet of Brandis telling a story. I have the entire story, but I'm thinking that it would hit the character post limit pretty quick. I've also edited out various inane GM conversations and Thalion whispering to me about Allied General (tells you how far back this goes! ).

I have more of this kind of stuff if you want it, and I'm digging to see if there's anything else. I have every single script I ever made saved, but actual logs of events are going to be hard to come by, I think.

For memories, here's a WHO I did during the event, might be some familiar names in there;
s> who
Revenge Xond Clarrisa Jaina
Alex Ursla Willow Ashenyanti
Phineas Mechi Orland Raningeth
Linnaeus Ssaask Marlo Shelby
Quickstar Miki Vixen Chillain
Mokiah Fafnir Bluefire Carrie
Hexen Brandis Wolfbane Tomas
Erik Warsprite Nuptse Feather

Brandis says, "A tale of the K'tath, an aelfen race bound to their gods and
goddesses by duty and honor, as much as their gods are bound to them..."
s>
Miki tickles you.
s>
Wolfbane takes a bite of a beef roll.
s>
Wolfbane takes a bite of the roll and beams in delight.
s>
Hexen listens carefully to Brandis.
s>
Quickstar listens carefully to Brandis.
s>
Hexen wiggles his ears.
s>
(Mokiah leans forward)
s>
Brandis says, "Long before my time, the land of Doril rested in a perpetual
twilight. Neither light, nor dark... THe sky featurless."
>s
Quickstar gazes questioningly at his stew.
s>
Vixen listens carefully to Brandis.
s>
[DEPARTURE (Mechi, 33, Delrio)]
s>
Wolfbane puts away an icy elkyri papenheimer.
s>
Wolfbane puts away a fiery albescent longsword.
s>
Brandis says, "We lived in a valley, D'oril. North, the frozen wastelands of
the dark followers of Seta, demon god..."
s>
Thalion nods to you.
s>
Brandis says, "And south, the rich lands of civilization..."
s>
Wolfbane gives a beef roll to Vixen.
s>
Nuptse shivers.
s>
Vixen beams at Wolfbane.
s>
Vixen grins.
s>
Vixen takes a bite of a beef roll.
s>
Vixen takes a bite of the roll and beams in delight.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:06 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
To really get the feel for this, you have to also imagine speed reading it as the emotes occasionally flood past you.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
To really get the feel for this, you have to also imagine speed reading it as the emotes occasionally flood past you.
Awe yeah. I liked to set my window narrow like a newspaper column for fast readage.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:30 PM

Montar has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
Being a GM added to the fun as you were basically doubling the amount of information you were getting on the screen because of the Reports, Player Whispers, etc.

Speaking of Report, imagine if you could do that in one of today's games?
Old 10-25-2008, 05:47 PM

Linneaus has much to be proud of
The Stories I Could Tell....
As the former player of Linneaus I must say that LOFP served as a catalyst for me on a number of levels. The game helped me move from passive experiences to living a more adventurous lifestyle.

I currently live in Egypt and travel around the world for the State Department. While not quite the same thing as teleporting around, casting wild magic with horrific if entertaining results, and encouraging GM hunts, I can't complain of being bored.

I did try and help with a public game Echoes of Future Past for awhile but somehow it just wasn't the same - although we did try and keep up the flavor of the original LOFP.

Regards
L
Old 11-10-2008, 09:55 PM

eponymous has much to be proud of
Hello all,

I played Severian, among others, and was later the GM known as Sloth.

LoFP was a superior vehicle for role-playing, which pretty much doesn't exist in the one graphic MMORPG I've spent a lot of time in (Shadowbane).

I have fond memories of being helped as a clueless newbie by Ferumbras, of winning my first duel against Gorma with only a few points of health to spare, of many fun fights with Prophet, Elminster, and other, of hours spent rolling Rollers with Tomas, and of the generally good group of people who played the game.

It consumed many hours and led to good things.

The graphic MMORPG world still hasn't caught up.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:50 PM

tyldak has much to be proud of
Tyldak Kilsek
Hey everybody, Tyldak checking in. I joined the Guild Cafe site early on, but haven't checked in for a long time.

Funny how Tarinth asked about old text logs. I think I still have my hard drive from way back then lying around in a box in the basement. One of the toys I got myself for Christmas this year was a USB to hard drive adapter, so that I can easily access files on it. If the hard drive isn't dead, I bet I can come up with some logs. I had some real doozys from Tyldak's many adventures... mostly involving killing other characters..!

I'm spending most of my social networking time on Facebook these days. If you don't know/remember my real name to find me, send me a private message here.

Anyone playing World of Warcraft? I've been on there for a couple years now, purely as a casual player, and I enjoy it. Of course it has none of the personal/intimate pull that LOFP had, but, in the case of a busy adult, that's probably a very good thing!
Old 01-18-2009, 04:14 AM

Tannelorn has much to be proud of
Hey everyone!

I have to agree with everyone on here... Legends was a very special place. I don't think I have ever been able to recapture the visceral feelings and emotional experiences I got when playing legends.

I remember when Gorma killed my character Slayer in the bazaar center. It was the first time I had been player-killed and my heart was pounding IRL! I walked around with a "He is missing his left ear" appearance for 2 weeks until a healer sewed the ear back on.

Or when I nearly had to quit the game for financial reasons and Montar made me his assistant GM!

There are a thousand memories I still have and I'm happy to have found some of you.

I am still convinced though... I am going to die wondering what Don Wand meant when he said... "I me me shoes."

-Tannelorn / Slayer / Sol
Old 01-18-2009, 04:37 AM

Tannelorn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierron View Post
Another of some of the fun things I remember. White Sierron was a vampire, during the event of the blood moon, when vampires could become more powerful. Sierron convinced Linneaus that he was turning good again, which wasn't far from the truth, but he conned Linne into believing it, so he could get some fragments which contained some of I don't remember his name, the god of the poor's blood. Well, Vlad was going to be the vampire that would drink the blood, and sacrafice himself for the others to feed upon him, to grow stronger. Well, Vlad decided he wanted to be stronger as well, and not sacrafice himself. Sierron didn't like that, because it would mean, he'd be left out of becomming stronger this way. I believe Phelan kind of sided with Sierron on it, and took Sierron away from the others, because he still had not handed over the items that contained the blood needed, and waited for the blood moon to pass, thus denying any of the vampiric types a chance to become stronger.

One I know that he hates, if he ever comes here and reads it, but it is still something that was quite fun. Morwynn grabbed Sierron and used a BS II rod, and meant to leave him alone in the Mall under the wastes, but he had no charges left in the rod, and was trapped down there with him. Well, that left him little choice than to help Sierron get out of the Mall as well as himself.

Hmm, can't think of anymore at the moment.
I remember it well!

Jack Fetch and I ran that whole blood moon series over the course of about 8 months with the help of Montar, Iduiin and others...

Jack and I are still in touch and talk about it from time to time.

I'll tell him about this forum and we'll get some more chatter going.... He is currently playing Conan and killing people and then befriending them.

He's sort of like... a reverse Ted Bundy.

As for me, I am running a small business so I don't get to put in as much gaming as I'd like... but you can catch me in WOW and EVE Online from time to time.

What are you guys playing?
Last edited by Tannelorn : 01-18-2009 at 04:38 PM.