11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 04-18-2008, 01:45 PM

Sierron has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel! View Post
Omigod, I found you all!! Wait til I tell Aleathan! We remember LoFP with a lot of affection, nostalgia and wow... we miss it, and you guys.

Mike - you're right, most of us would probably join you . Aleathan keeps wandering around looking for the Keep. Me, I keep looking for my chocolate goodie machine .

Gary - you out there? Have missed you tremendously.

It's just a delight to see those who have found their way here - talk about some good memories coming back. Best gaming experience of my life, and ooooh, I miss it. RP just doesn't seem to exist anymore...

Hello to all, and I hope you've all been doing well and life has been more up than down.

Laurel
Well, well, well.. Look what the cat's have dragged in

Hi Laurel and Aleathan!
Old 04-19-2008, 01:07 AM

Montar has much to be proud of
Nice to see everyone again! In honor of Laurel and Aleathan finding their way here, I managed to find this...

Code:
NUMBER 2279 NAME Lynieas Keep, hallway FIXED_LIGHT INDOOR_FLOOR *DESCRIPTION_START A decorative pine table sits to one side of a wooden door here. A large silk tapestry, of many bright colors, shows a group of heroes battling for their lives against a demon prince. Beneath the tapestry you see a large golden plaque, which lists the names of those who fought and conquered this dread foe. *DESCRIPTION_END EXIT W 2277 EXIT E 2281 ITEM 0 66 ADJ1=355 VAL2=2280 ITEM 1 91 ADJ1=46 ITEM 2 400 ADJ1=178 ADJ2=468 ITEM 3 250 *DESCRIPTION_START ITEM READ 2 Let it be known that these heroes aided us in freeing Lynieas Keep from a great evil, and they will always be welcome within its walls. For their bravery, we commend: Cartin, Thalion, Ilhana, Crak, Elriss, Severian, Triton, Garin, Raskin, Korazon, Crusader and Kaina. Aleathan and Laurel Baron and Baroness of Lynieas *DESCRIPTION_END *DESCRIPTION_START ITEM EXAMINE 3 You see a small group of heroes, fighting valiantly against a horrific demon. *DESCRIPTION_END
Old 04-19-2008, 01:25 AM

Laurel1 has much to be proud of
Oh, wow He misses that Keep!! I actually have log after log of our adventures... I went from floppies to a zip drive. I still have the zip drive, but Aleathan, who buys me a new system every 2-3 years (I'm very low maintenance ), hasn't gotten me one with a parallel port in years. So... hrm, anyone know if Iomega makes zip drives with USB connections? lol.

It's so good to hear from you all . Sierron... DGate, eh?

Montar - how much of that stuff do you have...?

Laurel
Old 04-20-2008, 12:38 AM

I have tons of that stuff, Laurel. I've never got rid of any of it and I think I have it saved in multiple places in case of some catastrophe!

A Zip drive? Wow, that's going back a few years. You could give this a shot http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812189124 just so you could get the information off the zip disks and onto a flash drive or something.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montar View Post
Nice to see everyone again! In honor of Laurel and Aleathan finding their way here, I managed to find this...

Code:
NUMBER 2279 NAME Lynieas Keep, hallway FIXED_LIGHT INDOOR_FLOOR *DESCRIPTION_START A decorative pine table sits to one side of a wooden door here. A large silk tapestry, of many bright colors, shows a group of heroes battling for their lives against a demon prince. Beneath the tapestry you see a large golden plaque, which lists the names of those who fought and conquered this dread foe. *DESCRIPTION_END EXIT W 2277 EXIT E 2281 ITEM 0 66 ADJ1=355 VAL2=2280 ITEM 1 91 ADJ1=46 ITEM 2 400 ADJ1=178 ADJ2=468 ITEM 3 250 *DESCRIPTION_START ITEM READ 2 Let it be known that these heroes aided us in freeing Lynieas Keep from a great evil, and they will always be welcome within its walls. For their bravery, we commend: Cartin, Thalion, Ilhana, Crak, Elriss, Severian, Triton, Garin, Raskin, Korazon, Crusader and Kaina. Aleathan and Laurel Baron and Baroness of Lynieas *DESCRIPTION_END *DESCRIPTION_START ITEM EXAMINE 3 You see a small group of heroes, fighting valiantly against a horrific demon. *DESCRIPTION_END
Hey Montar you still have any logs or anything from the Shadowmancer stuff? Back when Sierron was using the Shadowmancer's starmagic?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel! View Post
Oh, wow He misses that Keep!! I actually have log after log of our adventures... I went from floppies to a zip drive. I still have the zip drive, but Aleathan, who buys me a new system every 2-3 years (I'm very low maintenance ), hasn't gotten me one with a parallel port in years. So... hrm, anyone know if Iomega makes zip drives with USB connections? lol.

It's so good to hear from you all . Sierron... DGate, eh?

Montar - how much of that stuff do you have...?

Laurel
Yep DGate Laurel.. Don't you remember I think it was when it was on AOL or something you told me you were a guide there.. But D-gate was actually my first before LOFP back in '92.. Good to hear from others I have missed
Old 04-21-2008, 05:40 PM

Mugglewump has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mugglewump
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montar View Post
I have tons of that stuff, Laurel. I've never got rid of any of it and I think I have it saved in multiple places in case of some catastrophe!

A Zip drive? Wow, that's going back a few years. You could give this a shot http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812189124 just so you could get the information off the zip disks and onto a flash drive or something.
I used to have tons of that stuff sitting around in dusty tomes, on floppies and ZIP disks as well. Of course, if I still have any of it - it is packed away in a storage place these days. And I did most of my scripting and work on an Amiga 500 which has long since passed on.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:33 AM

I'll poke around and see what I can find, Sierron. I don't have any logs, per se, but I think I still have some of the scripts kicking around.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:40 AM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Screenshots and logs
What's the chance that someone has an old screenshot or text-log from Legends of Future Past? If so, would you mind posting here?

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 10-04-2008, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarinth View Post
What's the chance that someone has an old screenshot or text-log from Legends of Future Past? If so, would you mind posting here?
You looking for anything in particular? I have some stuff from story nights, but it's very long and full of GM chat along with lots of whispering. I don't think I have anything combat-related...