11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 08-04-2009, 03:53 AM

Prophet-Hunter has much to be proud of
Greetings

What a blast from the past! This game almost ruined my marriage and nearly cost me my job, and it was worth every minute. To say that LoFP played a significant influence in my life would be an understatement. This may sound sappy, but to me the game helped teach me very real and useful variety of skills including negotiation, empire building, coding, web development and of course, dealing with unruly mobs looking to kill me. The later of which I still use rather frequently.

After I left Legends, no other game really ever took its place (very odd). Half of me was too scared that if I did play another MORPG I would risk becoming addicted again, so like a junkie I stay away. The other half of me feels that nothing will ever live up to the memories of LoFP.

Now days the only thing I dabble in is 'Kingdoms Live' on the Iphone. I actually refer to the game as 'Legends' because it is so burned in my mind. My user id is FLUFFY BUNNY if anyone wants to say hello.

Paul St. James
Old 09-12-2009, 03:34 AM

Estara has much to be proud of
Hello friends!
Estara reveals herself and backstabs you for ### damage!

I miss everyone and all the great times! So many names are coming back to me as I write this! As it has been written before here, there will never be another game like LOFP.

A special 'hi' to Taliesin and Jayd - it was so much fun role playing with you!

I do miss the fountain and the chance that there might be a gm run event. They were so much fun, not to mention all the machinations of the various guilds and groups. I miss hanging with all my Fellowship of Rakes buddies!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:30 AM

GutzyGal has much to be proud of
Hello!! and Hooooowwwl!! OMG what a trip down memory lane! I remember so many of you personally, or by name/reputation and there are many others whose names escape me, Legends is forever etched in my memory, I never had so much fun or spent so much money lol and I've never matched the magic of the realms in any game since. Lord knows where I found the time for this game back then. A big hello to everyone from my favorite femme fatle aelfen protagonist "Lilly" and my silly loyal forever to his mentor "Loup" wolfling "Heart".

I will remember you....
Old 08-01-2010, 06:31 PM

GutzyGal has much to be proud of
The Fountain
Wasn't the fountain the only place Nissa was ever seen? LOL I remember being in some far away area of the world and hearing thoughts that "Nissa was at the fountain" Half of Andor would make there way back from wherever they were to see you and say hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
I miss the fountain!

Hi guys!

Nissa
Old 09-29-2010, 09:48 PM

BrookHoaquin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConorPatrick View Post
Does anyone remember who the other itinerant healer was back then? There were two of us in an always-friendly competition to see who could get to a patient first; I can *almost* remember his name.

Hope to hear more in this thread, and thanks for being here.

Conor / Jim
There was this one really annoying guy named Brook. He was clearly the better healer, since he always used fresher leeches.

He was also an incorrigible flirt.

Hi everyone!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:34 AM

Greythan has much to be proud of
Too wild
Not even sure why I googled Legends, but here I am.

Greythan Aetherion for those old timers.

Tons and tons of memories. This genre really was the peak. Played EQ1, played Wow. Fun and engaging in their own ways, but pale to LoFP.

The interaction/community was unparralled. And, I'll admit it, I really enjoyed the ability to channel my inner "coder" with Zmud to help automate some of my interactions (probably was against game rules, but I don't recall for sure.)

I remember following Silence and his uber skills to the end game exp grinding zone (which I can't recall for the life of me) and finally getting my skill (was it called combat avoidance or something?) which gave me the 95% resistance to getting really whacked by the mobs. (My memory is so faded...)

Anyway, hello to you all out there. Lots of great names I recall in this thread.

Oh, and the customization through crafting remains unmatched. I remember how cool it was to read the description of the Silences and Garin's of the world. Then, one day, I had that same type of full description.

Awesome stuff.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:36 AM

Stefan has much to be proud of
Stefan
There definately will never be another community like Legends.

When's the 20 year reunion?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:33 PM

Ogliast has much to be proud of
Hey
I found this place a bit late, but for what it's worth here's me saying hi.

Gary Regester (Morwynn)

p.s. If Sierron's player reads this this is not an invitation to launch into the friggin' mall story again! I have enough embarassing moments from the game rolling around in my head without being reminded of others.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:29 PM

Ogliast has much to be proud of
Captures
I was recently rebuilding an old computer (the one I used to play Legends on) and came across a bunch of capture files. I put one up on my personal website (along with a way-too-long write-up (got a bit nostalgic)). I may put up others if the mood strikes me. They'll be here if anyone's looking for captures or fancies feeling a bit of that old addiction: http://www.ogliast.com/LoFP_Captures.html

Gary
Old 03-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogliast View Post
I was recently rebuilding an old computer (the one I used to play Legends on) and came across a bunch of capture files. I put one up on my personal website (along with a way-too-long write-up (got a bit nostalgic)). I may put up others if the mood strikes me. They'll be here if anyone's looking for captures or fancies feeling a bit of that old addiction: http://www.ogliast.com/LoFP_Captures.html

Gary
Groovy! Logged in to say thanks! And I'm out.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --