11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 01-11-2007, 04:32 PM
The Pwn Ranger

Charbroil has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Charbroil Send a message via MSN to Charbroil Send a message via Yahoo to Charbroil
V for Vendetta
It's been out for a bit... but I just saw it yesterday...

I must say that it was pretty enjoyable... it's rare that an action film uses any kind of intelligent language...

Did anyone else like it? ...or am I alone on this one?

Old 01-11-2007, 05:13 PM

Mythodical has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mythodical
it was a great movie.. one of my favorite

thus the avatar : /
Old 01-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I thought it was a great movie. Although, when I saw the first scene with V, and he had that whole speech with words beginning with 'V', I was scared he was going to talk like that for the whole movie. But he didn't, so it was okay. But, yeah, I thought it was a real good movie.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
(It was a comic/graphic novel from a long time ago)

Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Founding Member

Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence Methedras is bathed in a white light of excellence
Yup, circa 1989 or 1990. Still havent seen the film. This is the first positive review I think I have seen from someone on it though...hmm...

Finally read Road to Perdition (yes the comic). Classic.

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny..."
Old 01-11-2007, 09:58 PM
The Pwn Ranger

Send a message via AIM to Charbroil Send a message via MSN to Charbroil Send a message via Yahoo to Charbroil
at some point every movie will be based on a book or loosely on a real life tale...

I'll have to pick up the graphic novel... I enjoy those immensely

Old 01-11-2007, 10:06 PM

Protonix has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Protonix
Enjoyed the movie, the political scientist in me laughed the entire way through.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:12 PM

Agge has much to be proud of
it was okay, my pal realy fell in love with it but I just found it to be hmm.. a score 4/5 cause some moments in it realy was cheesy as hell for instance when "V" was on fire, screaming in the rubble, the girl standing in the rain... myea..

But definelty worth to rent or wach somehow, it realy is a good movie. I just think it could do without some of the stuff.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Devil's Advocate

Ravage is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Ravage
I thought the movie itself was quite good, although the philosophy it assigned to the "good guys" made me cringe a little. I'm of the opinion that we have to be careful arguing terrorism as freedom fighting...which is pretty spot-on what V does.

However, it was an enjoyable movie, if a bit cliche'd and predictable. I give it a slightly above "meh" grade.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:58 PM
The Pwn Ranger

Yeah... there were some "cheesy" scenes... but I'm not sure any movie I've watched has been cheese free