11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Bug Reports & Enhancement Requests

Old 07-28-2012, 10:04 AM

goodone is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to goodone Send a message via Skype™ to goodone
Under Construction bughunt: steam tracker misses game entries
i found an unusual bug with steam tracker. while, in general, nightly steam tracker works just fine, it seems, for some reason, it misses some game entries, in some circumstances.

i have been troubleshooting this issue for some days now. it stuck me as odd right away, since gDNA wasn't adding any of my gameplay activity for a game i hold very dearly close to my heart, and which i'm an active developer for.

the game in question is Alien Swarm; not only popular, but a free game too.

as u can see, i have alien swarm in my recent playtime on steam, and i have been playing it a few times since i joined gDNA; however, not a single playtime entry has been recorded by gDNA's steam tracker.

from my troubleshooting, i've realized it's not the game entry itself that's bonked. some gDNA members have it regularly tracked. while comparing their gameplay data and mine, i realized i have over 1kh of alien swarm gameplay. considering that steam tracker most probably actually uses steam reported gameplay time as a tracking source, i would suggest the problem is there somewhere.

so, maybe steam tracker has a bug related to 1kh+ steam gameplay data. or something like that.

i guess it should not b a terribly difficult fix too, so, i hope to see my alien swarm included in my gDNA data asap.

much obliged.
Last edited by goodone : 07-28-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: sub
Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 AM
gamerDNA Staff

twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED
Should work tomorrow. The problem was, you've played too much!! There was a bug in the code that didn't handle the comma in the hours you've played. I set the hours you have to the correct value in our database also so it won't say you played 1100 hours today.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 AM

goodone is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to goodone Send a message via Skype™ to goodone
shouldn't it just say - "played for the 1st time"? i never noticed steam tracker saying anything about playtime at all, and i did have games with 100h+ logged for the 1st time before - it just said "played for the 1st time", which i then edited, just to get rid of the senseless 1st time - not that i cared too much about it.

maybe that could b recoded, to only show up when a person has actually less than 24h initial playtime.

however, i guess it's best to keep initial game-event entry functionality, so, games ppl have actually played before their steam tracker started tracking could show up with regular txt - [player] played [game]; but unlike regular playtime entries, it would still create a game-event on their gamercurrent.

it shouldn't b a huge recode, i guess. only a few lines of code and it's done.

as for the fix, i look forward seeing alien swarm on my gamercurrent.