11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 12-23-2011, 06:39 AM

CaptainKrys has much to be proud of
Best Lord of the Rings game, anyone?
There are tons of games made on the Lord of the Rings. But which one is the best? Which one does really render the spirit of the Tolkien epic? I tried The Return of the King and it disappointed me, so I'd like to know what the folks out there think.
Cheers!
Old 12-24-2011, 01:48 AM

Roxas-UrBoxas has much to be proud of
Hmm... I have barely played any of them to be brutally honest... I didn't mind the one that took Final Fantasy X's combat engine... Which one was that one?

I think my love for FFX just tranferred over to the game giving it flattery though.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast

TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community
Only one I have played is LOTRO, Which didn't knock my socks off, but I didn't play it much either, cause it didn't suck me in.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:17 PM

Roxas-UrBoxas has much to be proud of
There was a LOTR game I played on super nintendo... I'm certain of it... And I recall it was frustrating and very bland for an 8 or 9 year old boy.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:25 AM

Wastelander-75 has much to be proud of
PS2's The Two Towers is a fairly decent RPG/Action adventure hybird you might enjoy. Battle For Middle Earth, if you're a fan of RTS games, isn't half bad, even when, no matter what you do in some instances, they still manage to send offscreen swarms at you that I consider slightly cheap.

I've heard mixed things about LoTR: War in the North and, not having played it yet, I can't give you any opinion on it, though I hope as an RPG it's better than the last RPG attempt they made (honestly, fighting a giant flaming eye end boss......really?.....really?!)
Old 12-28-2011, 07:21 PM

CaptainKrys has much to be proud of
Looks like they have trouble making a real good LoTR game, but I think I could give Two Towers and Battle for Middle Earth a try.
Thanks a lot =)

BTW, in how far is the Battle for Middle Earth (I or II) true to the real story? I mean, do they use the maps of the Middle Earth from the book, do they invent random races, etc.
Last edited by CaptainKrys : 12-28-2011 at 07:37 PM.