11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming Platforms > Nintendo (DS, GameCube, Wii)

Old 12-29-2011, 06:24 AM

TheGiaroo has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Super Mario 3D land review
Hello, i'm Andrew Giarrusso, or TheGiaroo.I have decided to make reviews of video games.I know it might be a little late for this one, but i don't really care.

First of all, let's start with the plot.
*blank*
That's right the only thing that is a real twists are when *SPOILER ALERT* is when peach tries to escape or something and is attacked and at the end when who was thought to be peach was just a cardboard cutout..The cutscenes are short, which is good, but there's no plot development whatsoever.Mario just sees a picture and panics, then starts running as though he just saw General Custard.

Now, the innovations,
awesome, i'm controlling platforms just by jumping right now.

The immersion.
Great with the 3D, and the graphics are awesome.

The Difficulty.
Kind of easy at first, but then you come across some puzzles.

Any grinding?Yes, at the end of world 5 you need 50 stars to get in the castle.

Skills required?Yes.I would tell you what points need skill, but that would give you the skills now.

So, my final review is that it's good, but it's not PERFECT.Like 8.4.
Last edited by TheGiaroo : 12-29-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:12 AM

Roxas-UrBoxas has much to be proud of
I believe Mario is so set in stone that even questioning where he runs or where he goes even if his princess is a cardboard cut out is pointless...

The 3D was beautiful and truly shows that it was developed from the ground up with 3D in mind...

It does start easy, but if you look at the rich history of the series, all Mario games follow that formula.

I gave it a 5 out of 5. It should not be missed if you own the system. I think the appeal of Mario is that in the platforming genre it is the top of it's class! I think having no restriction is what makes it that way as well... No rules or physics to follow, no realism, we all know what Mario is about by now as gamers and they can just build nonsense on top of nonsense for us.

Spike blocks spinning towards you on a chain that aren't attached to anything but the air? Whatever, it's Mario~
Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 AM

Roxas-UrBoxas has much to be proud of
And when has Mario ever had a plot? spoiler alert, bowser kidnaps peach! There's your motive - Now run around to your hearts content.

Aside from the one time the Final Fantasy team crossed over and helped make a Mario game, no Mario title has ever needed to make sense - Yet people keep playing them.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:49 AM

stevenhearnn has much to be proud of
Its an a awesome 3D experience with great game play we expect from Mario. Everything is top notch for a portable experience and I just can't put it down.