11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 10-30-2011, 07:39 PM

sukwendo has much to be proud of
Outdated Game Database
Hello there,

As I was going through and updating my profile with all the games I've acquired, I was disappointed to see that most of them either weren't available in the list, or only had Xbox variants available, as opposed to PS3. While searching for a solution, I stumbled upon the Unlisted Games thread where individuals can request to have games added.

This seems backwards to me; ideally, the individual responsible for this task should be keeping their finger on the pulse of emerging game activity (whether niche or mainstream) so they can pro-actively maintain the database and ensure the games are easily accessible. Requiring the users of a site to go to a thread and request updates to core functionality essentially identifies that the game entries are of a low priority, and may deter newer users from sticking around. The manual entry process can also be cumbersome for those adding a larger volume of games and removes any sort of consistency around nomenclature.

To help ensure activity here remains viable, I really believe this has to change. If there's too much to go around, why not bring others on? This is obviously a hot topic for me, so if you're desperate, I'd be more than happy to throw my hat in. Either way, though, I hope we see a shift in the right direction before long.

Thank you kindly.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:30 PM

Roxas-UrBoxas has much to be proud of
You're absolutely right Sukwendo!

I have personal feelings on this topic as well and I seem to always have an issue with adding my own PS3 games. Especially new ones. There's gotta be a way to fix this for everyone...

I also find that adding them to the database myself always leads to them being broken or "unofficial."

I'm totally putting this in my log... But I know the staff are aware of this problem. Beating a dead horse with a stick usually gets the best results though.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:43 PM

vervaine has much to be proud of
The outdated and messed up database (no PS3 equivalents when X360 and PC are available?) really kills my enjoyment of this site. Whenever I want to add a game, there's 50% chance that it's not in the database.

I tried to get some friends to join, but they left as soon as they discovered they can't enter 25% of their list. I'm on the verge of leaving myself, as I just found out that the database is missing two more of my soon-to-be purchases.

A solution to this problem would be most welcome... as it has been going on for some time by now.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 PM

Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community
A solution is in the works, however we are slightly understaffed and have a lot of other things that need to be taken care of as well. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and I promise you it will be fixed as soon as we have the ability to.