11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > The Gaming News Lounge

Old 06-28-2011, 06:14 PM

Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community
Call of Duty: Gaming Industrialized
A lot of things come to mind when one thinks about Call of Duty. Call of Duty is one of those games that is hard to argue against because of its large fan base an the fact that it simply is a pretty solid series, but I can't help but get this feeling like Call of Duty is going to be the pioneer of streamlined gaming. I feel that with each year when a new COD is released that I already know exactly how it is going to be and exactly what it is going to contain. Sure there is going a be a few new additions to the game like weapons and equipment but I know what I am getting myself into when I pick up a Call of Duty game. When I buy flagship games I really want to see something something amazing turn into something incredible, I don't want the same damn thing each year.

With the addition of Black Ops to the series I saw a side of Call of Duty that I had never seen before, an AMAZING story. That game has a perfect example of a brilliant story merging mystery, intrigue, and an amazing experience that spans across large spaces of time. I didn't care for the games multiplayer as it was the same since Modern Warfare 1 but this campaign blew me away like none of the others. I am sure that I wont be impressed with the multiplayer but if MW3 has a campaign as gripping as Black Ops but improves on itself, I will be thoroughly impressed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg call-of-duty-mw3-picture-150x150.jpg (6.0 KB, 0 views)
Last edited by Wolfkill-Shepard : 06-28-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 AM

DirtySammich has much to be proud of
Well you are right about the story for Black Ops, but the majority of people that buy those games don't care about a well driven story, they just want to kill things in multiplayer. Honestly this game stopped being the pinnacle of awesome after Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. A private would never ever EVER get promoted to a task force after 1 mission. A golden gun would only be like putting a bulls eye on your shirt, and grenade launchers are only used to take out large groups, not random strangers. It makes war look like its fun and awesome to be in, I felt like joining the army after playing the first game, but that's not what it is, war is a serious thing that shouldn't be taken lightly.

If Activision thinks that if this game doesn't need to be changed because its not broken, they are wrong because it will become broken extremely fast. You don't just add a new storyline with 5 new guns. The game will go dry by MW3. The game needs to make major changes after MW3 or it will die soon. But I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it

I know this was 2 months ago but this had to be seen and replied to
Old 09-23-2011, 03:12 AM

Kaubs has much to be proud of
and.......here comes the troll......Battlefield 3...Period. I honestly do think the battlefield series is much better. Both of you guys do have great points on COD tho.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:57 PM

vOpTiKz has much to be proud of
double xp and nuke town 24/7 on b ops and who wants to join my clan?