11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > The Gaming News Lounge

Old 06-28-2011, 07:59 PM

Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community
Duke Nukem: It wont be leaving
Duke Nukem is surely going to be remembered as one of the biggest videogame fails of all time. A lot of people are suggesting that the reason it failed so bad was because of its unrealistically long development time, giving it unrealistic expectations, but I believe that it was simply a terrible game that was made way behind its time. Duke Nukem tried to push the limits with content that most would see as abrasive kind of like South Park but the thing is at least South Park has something backing it whether it be political comedy or social satire. Duke Nukem has no such backing, its simply trying to get shock value out of its audience.

My real issue with the topic of Duke Nukem is that it actually did fairly well on the market, how? Well I think that there is the small market from fans of the old game but what I think really got the game going was simply all of the advertising, anticipation, and drama it caused. It even turns out that the game even sold more copies than anticipated. People are saying that Duke is here and is not leaving anytime soon, there's even rumors of a Duke Nukem TV show. I don't like to dismiss games but this one is getting way more attention then it deserves.