11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > The Gaming News Lounge

Old 06-28-2011, 08:15 PM

Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a cornerstone of the community
Free2Play: Not really
For a short while a huge wave of these Free2play games have been getting the attention of gamers all over the place. Free2play is an interesting concept and is about as much free as a Netflix trial, you download the game, you start to play it, and then you realize that everyone else has access to this gear, equipment, or weapons that you don't. How the hell did they get this? Well they payed for it. Payed for it!? I thought this was free to play! Well yes that's just it, free to play not free to play fair. Yes there are a good amount of games out there that are free to play and that don't make the game unfair to people who buy extra stuff, a great example of this is Valves recently free to play on steam Team Fortress 2. Its a great multilayer game and the only thing that there is to buy is clothing that doesn't affect gameplay at all, so at least you have the option to get the extra stuff but you don't have to pay money to be fairly matched against other players. Not long ago there was a free to play Battlefield game that was very similar to Battlefield Bad Company 2's multiplayer and it was fun, however players that would spend money on weapons had an advantage over players that didn't. If a game is to be free to play then the extra purchasable content should not effect gameplay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg team-fortress-2-for-mac.jpg (25.2 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by Wolfkill-Shepard : 06-28-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:54 PM

MarcoVeddi23 has much to be proud of
Yeah Star Trek online was the same but man nothing in this world comes for free for any of us and if you enjoy the experience and perhaps think that these added features would add to the experience then awesome. Me personally thought the free version was fine.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Most of the true ftp games are made on the cheap. To make a great online game, you need lots of revenue. Too little revenue means less development and a cheaper game. What the Koreans don't understand is that "cheap" doesn't mean low cost, but low quality.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:20 PM

MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC
Work'n the World of Tanks Beta and ya it will cost 10 / month to make the game playable .
Old 07-18-2014, 10:23 AM

oliviagold2014 has much to be proud of
http://www.masonbridals.com/white-on...l#.U8osQkC0vDc