11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > The Gaming News Lounge

Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 AM

DirtySammich has much to be proud of
So I got the new Game Informer today...
Ya you guys heard about it, you know the one that has Borderlands 2 on the front page. Well that's not what I was gonna talk about. What intrigued me was the war going on between about MW3 and Battlefield 3. Now if you go to vgchartz.com and check pre-orders in north America MW3 has a big lead by 700,000 while BF 3 has a small 400,000, as of August 6th. Gears of War is winning by 1,000,000 pre orders, but thats not the point. The point is you guys might think that there really is no fight here, there is.

Pre orders aren't everything, that just gives the character 5 dollars of extra content (In my eyes). In the magazine it says "In one corner, you have the heavyweight champion in the world. Fueled by explosive single-player campaigns and the most addictive multiplayer infrastructure in the business." Game informer also says, "In the other corner, you have a veteran franchise that has demonstrated technical mastery during its rise to becoming a critical darling." By this it sounds like both have a good chance in this so called fight.

Now this rivalry started by the time Bad Company and MW2 came out. The party that I respect though is Battlefield. They accept that they are not the best game around, and that they want to be the exact opposite rip off of Call of Duty. That's hard to say knowing that both are FPS war games. But this is getting to long what are your guy's thoughts on this fight. Who do you think will put up the better fight? Who do you think will be victorious in the outcome? I think MW3, I don't want it to but it still has a so called "Good" reputation. Battlefield is fighting for it but won't win with this juggernaut.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Wolfkill-Shepard is a jewel in the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a jewel in the community
I believe that will be the outcome too. I always love to see the underdog win but it looks like the CoD behemoth will come out triumphant. DICE really shows that they can create a beautiful product but I don't know if they are best represented by a producer like EA, who talks up the game and puts a lot more pressure on it then there needs to be.