11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > The Gaming News Lounge

Old 07-03-2012, 02:42 AM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has set foot on a distinguished road
Darkstalkers was fun.

As far as remakes/rereleases are concerned, my opinion differs based on the definition you use. If you are talking about games from obsolete systems, then I think they are great as long as the price is less than that of completely new titles. I hate having to unpack and dust off one of my own consoles in order to play a game. I also like them if they add a satisfying amount of new content, but then again, this only applies if they are on a totally new platform.

However, there is the kind of remake/rerelease that I hate. I think that the easiest way to describe them is to give an example, such as Capcom's fighting games. I call BS on both Super Street Fighter 4 and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Should have been DLC.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Enthusiast

Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitGirl View Post
I would love a chance to see the old Darkstalkers games I keep hearing about. They'd probably have to be remade for PC or a modern console before that would happen, because almost nobody has arcade cabinets any more. Even Chuck E. Cheeze only has 5 of them, though my dad says that when he was my age, they had more like 50 of them.
Where is there still a Chuck E. Cheese? I thought they all closed.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:00 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svoboda View Post
Where is there still a Chuck E. Cheese? I thought they all closed.
I know of a couple in WA. One in Tacoma, and one in Kent.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:23 AM

HitGirl is a paragon of the community HitGirl is a paragon of the community HitGirl is a paragon of the community HitGirl is a paragon of the community
Alma School & 8th avenue, Mesa, AZ.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:37 PM

stephenmosher232 has much to be proud of
Well, In my point of view, I think remaking of any games is not bad. I am protesting the stigmas spread about the developer who remake their game. I think they do is in a good sense. A game can be not satisfactory enough in first made and developers try to upgrade that game through remaking.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenmosher232 View Post
Well, In my point of view, I think remaking of any games is not bad. I am protesting the stigmas spread about the developer who remake their game. I think they do is in a good sense. A game can be not satisfactory enough in first made and developers try to upgrade that game through remaking.
I have no idea what you are trying to say.