11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 08-03-2009, 05:09 AM

Kiernan is a jewel in the community
Dragon Age: Origins
Just pre-ordered and for some odd reason am stoked about this one. Although I have no idea what game play will have in store for me. Anyone else looking forward to this release? Just stirring the pot to see if any interesting convo or insight comes up
Old 08-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
hell yeah. I preordered through Gamestop myself about 3 weeks ago. I can't wait for this one to hit the streets. Mainly I know BioWare. I know they do great and epic stories. AND I know this one is going to give those eggheads at FOX NEWS a reason to have an anuerism just like they did with Mass Effect, which wrongfully became the focus point of Fox's "SexBox" Scandal.

My only worry is looking at the early playthroughs and seeing that the response choices look like KotOR's, mute protagonist and all. Not saying that KotOR was bad because of it, but after being spoiled by voice-worked games and the Radial Response Wheel of Mass Effect, my standards are expectantly high for a BioWare game.

But all in all, I am honestly looking to the day it comes out with excitement.

Last edited by wastelander75 : 08-03-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:28 PM

Arrakiv has set foot on a distinguished road
Bioware game. Must buy...

Plus it is the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, which makes it all the more sweeter.
Watch the Xeno Pro Remove Lag in EQ2

...Have a guild or a clan? Want to break your name out in a big way? Send me a message. But, shh! It is a secret...
Old 08-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
I'm very excited for this game. Bioware hasn't disappointed me in giving my enjoyable games. Then after this year I get to look forward to ME2.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:10 PM

Wow, don't even get me started on ME2! They tease us with these long waits.

I really have no idea what this game/franchise is about. It is a franchise correct?

Ah, I just saw Bioware, RPG, Kate Mulgrew voice and was all in.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post
I really have no idea what this game/franchise is about. It is a franchise correct?

A franchise? If I remember correctly yes and no. Mass Effect can be called a franchise so can Shin Megami Tensei, and Xenosaga. I know that Shin Megami Tensei is the franchise name that Atlus uses but the games released are Persona, Nocturne, and the SMT series.

My level of understanding franchises in the game industry are limited. Because a franchise to me would be Wendy's or McDonalds. A third party wants to sell your products (Wendy's) so you give them the building, and products and they can sell your product with your backing in different locations around the world. As for games I don't know if it works the same.

As for Dragon Age:Origin take Mass Effect, Oblivion and Baldur's Gate have them breed together and you get this game. If you love any fantasy style RPG and don't mind the real time action then you'll enjoy this game.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:00 AM

What I meant was, hasn't there been other Dragon Age titles or spin offs in the past.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Nope. Dragon Age is a totally new IP from Bioware.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Franchises in games mean a series of games in the same world (Mario, Zelda, Tony Hawk, Halo, etc.). Dvader83 got it right when he used the term intellectual property, which is a more apt description.

That's out of the way, so I can do this:

I watched the video they had on Xbox Live Marketplace and pooed myself a little it was so awesome.

I'll still need to see some actual gameplay (a downloadable demo would be perfect) before I plunk down my pre-order money.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
It's like a combination of Baldur's Gate and Mass Effect/KotOR. How could it not be awesome?