11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 10-29-2009, 02:03 AM

Phynixwhite has much to be proud of
Borderlands
Before i start i dont know if i should be posting this on RPG or an FPS forum, so im posting it here, but anyway.

I just wanted a community opinion on what you think about This game, its upsides, downsids. If you have any intention of getting the game. Because i play this game alot and i have fun, also if you do play what is your favorite class?
Old 10-29-2009, 02:06 AM

Phynixwhite has much to be proud of
I play a Hunter class, I maxed my sniper branch, and i use a 3x corrosive sniper, so i have a 100% chance to avoid sheilds completely, and i give then corrosive damage. And corrosive does best on health and it works the best for damage over time.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
OK I'll bit. I like playing as a Siren, I like her assassin skills. I've maxed out her melee and phase walk abilities. I do enjoy turning enemies into mush from the corrosive artifact I have equipped on her.

Although I enjoy Borderlands I find the game very lacking. Enemies are very redundant, the closest thing to a story is finding the vault. None of the NPC's are entertaining and most of the time I forget who is who because they aren't that important, every mission feels the same, the game has what some billion weapons well 60% of those weapons are pointless and are used for sale. Splitscreen is just pointless when it comes to the menu since you have to move the menu around to see the menu since you can't scale it.

If I wanted too I could say this game is a Fallout 3 multiplayer since I feel like a raider from that game. I won't attack or compare these games anymore, and I'll stop with the cons.

As for pros the gameplay is very smooth and when more people are added the challenge of the game picks up with is really fun, I love the 3D cell shade look. I found fighting over loot was probably the most fun I had with Borderlands, and I enjoyed the humor the game giver you. I just can see myself replaying more than twice.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:10 AM

Darniius has much to be proud of
Post It's fun but lacking length...
Borderlands really is a fun game when you are able to get a bunch of mates together and lay down some fire on poor unsuspecting raiders. Unlucky for me though as I haven't had the chance to do so yet. Having finshed the game already (and I won't reveal anything to those who haven't finished) I found it lacking in the length and hoping that possible expansion packs or extras will be added in at some later stage in time.

I found the solider class enjoyable but the action skill for him seems lacking. The sentry gun doesn't do enough damage to be reliable end game for anything but a cowardly escape. I'm hoping that certain aspects of the game will be revisted for balances.

About half way through my 2nd play through so I'm hoping to finally get level capped and start farming for some extreme epics.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
I'm having a blast with this with my online friends on the PC version. It's been taking away from some quality MMO Time, and I'm really enjoying the ride. Granted, we're all a bunch of busy bodies and only play one or two hours a night or so, but it's something we look forward to in the evenings.

If anyone's having problems hosting online, get you and your buddies to use GameRanger. I've had a shit ton of problems, even with ports opening, but once we used GR I've been hosting no problems.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 11-02-2009, 09:25 PM

Rixxen has much to be proud of
I have to agree, the online co-op is a ton of fun with your friends. The whole game is meant to be way over the top, and that's why you really have no story.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:45 AM

Jermatoo has much to be proud of
I currently have a 32 Berserker and a 09 Soldier at the moment, It's pretty fun to play with my buddy offline and to play with other friends online.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
I've been playing (PS3 version) as a soldier... the turret has been very helpful with "Support" powers. The turret feels a little underpowered relative to the other classes, but the soldier's class mods definitely make up for it, and the turret and soldier powers are definitely slanted towards team play. (Team ammo regeneration? Heck yeah!)

There are almost no cinematic cut sequences and no big name actors standing around having emotional moments... The gameplay is endless mindless violence where the primary goal is watching for better gear and fending off hordes of evil enemies, and you play online with a few friends...

Oh sure, it's fun for a few days, but nobody will want to keep playing a game like that 10 years from now. It's like... anybody remember that stupid, what was it, "diablo"? LOL! You don't think anybody still plays that cheesy old thing, do you? So stupid, just click on the enemies till they die! Booooring! I mean... you know, just the other night when I was playing it online with a friend, that was totally lame! I can't understand why we always choose Diablo 2 over any number of other new MMO games,.. um, what was my point here? Oh yeah, Borderlands sucks for all the same reasons Diablo 2 does!

Like Odium, I don't see myself playing it through more than two or three times. At least, not this year. ("only" two replays? How, exactly, is that a dis of the game anyway?)

(Yeah, so it goes without saying I'm totally hooked.)

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 11-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Sounds addictive, might need to give it a shot.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
I got bored relatively fast, but decided to give it another shot when I have time.