11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 PM

Quilon has much to be proud of
Killzone 2
Anyone else play this so far besides me? What are your impressions of the game? Do you think it lived up to the hype and the four years of development?
Old 03-02-2009, 09:20 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
I've played the demo - I didn't like it that much, I just the controls were way to imprecise - and for a console controller (which is already imprecise as it is), that really annoyed me.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Once I fiddled with the sensitivity and redid the keybindings I had a good time with the demo. I'll probably pick up the game once I get paid.

Guerilla certainly delivered on the graphics. Last game I played that looked this good was MGS4.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:50 AM

VENOM-OF-SINS is a jewel in the community VENOM-OF-SINS is a jewel in the community
It wasn't what I expected, but the end result was still pretty good. Definently over hyped, but still a great game. I don't know why, but looking at the game I kept thinking 'Unreal Engine'.

My only complaint would be the X and Y axis sensitivity which as I understand, many are complaining about. A lot are saying that the sensitivity feels a little slow, or that the Y axis is 2 or 3 notches faster than the X. Many have boosted the sensitivity settings to the max. I played around with the settings myself but I found the default settings to work best, but it still doesn't feel quite right. Some have suggested that this is 'as designed' and simulates the weight of the weapons you carry.

I also felt that it didn't take that long to go through all the unlockables online.

After all that, still a GREAT GAME!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:20 AM

Quilon has much to be proud of
I agree for the most part with you Venom. I have only played about 3 hours of the multiplayer and I have already started to unlock some of the weaponry. The thing that gets me is how much is always happening on the screen, I sometimes get a bit of sensory overload and just sit and watch haha.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:50 PM

VENOM-OF-SINS is a jewel in the community VENOM-OF-SINS is a jewel in the community
I completely understand the overload, you'll get used to it. At one point my eyes went into factory mode trying to lubricate themselves from the constant twitching from side to side, keeping up with the action. Eventually my vision got blurred and I had to take a minute to rub out some of that extra eye lube.

I've have about half of the required points for all the multiplayer unlocks right now. I just unlocked the rocket launcher but don't know how to set it up on my character for some reason. I don't see it in the options.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Enthusiast

koji042 has set foot on a distinguished road
I've only played the demo, but the default sensitivity was horrible. Plus, it made me dizzy just staring at it strangely enough. I usually don't get "FPS sickness" from too many games anymore.

Are there any dash controls by the way? I find the default speed is a bit slow.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:37 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
I find it odd that I had no problem with the controls. Didn't feel that floaty to me. Odd. Still plan on getting the game.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
gamerDNA Staff

Imran is a cornerstone of the community Imran is a cornerstone of the community
To be fair, I'm very used to hyper-fast shooters like Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, where the controls are so extremely precise that a sneeze could cost you your life.

But maybe I'll rent Killzone 2 and give it a fair shake.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran View Post
To be fair, I'm very used to hyper-fast shooters like Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, where the controls are so extremely precise that a sneeze could cost you your life.

But maybe I'll rent Killzone 2 and give it a fair shake.
That's what services like Gamefly were made for.