11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 10-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
Plain and simple: We ran out of money and couldn't pay for key things like people's salaries, servers, our office, etc.

gamerDNA was later acquired by Crispy Gamer (now known as gamerDNA Media), and their focus up til now has been on selling advertising on the network of sites in the gamerDNA Media Network (which gamerDNA.com is one of them). We'll see if anything happens in the future. If something does, that would be awesome.

I haven't followed the space too closely for the past year, but I haven't seen PlayFire or Raptr particularly flourish. I know people at both companies so I mean no offense, but I haven't seen anything really revolutionary happen in this space in the year that we (gamerDNA) have been out of the game. Raptr continues to be more like Xfire every day, and PlayFire hasn't changed a whole lot either. Nothing seems to tell me that there has been explosive growth in the space, but hey..I could be wrong. Raptr was able to land the deal with GameSpot for their co-registration system, which I imagine sends them thousands of people a day/week, but who knows if those people actually use the service.
Meh, raptr kind of sucks. I follow playfire to catch a bit of buzz about games, because (unlike certain sites I could mention) they actually encourage people to use the forum, so the forum isn't completely dead.

I think all of the sites have stalled because instead of encouraging community, they try to be like twitter and facebook--a mini-feed consisting primarily of contentless "update diarrhea" that really doesn't enhance your life. It appeals strongly to a certain least-common-denominator demographic, but makes for a truly tiresome site if you're actually looking for some entertainment beyond "hey look I got another platinum trophy".

I realize this post is way too long to appeal to the core demographic, so I guess I'll go see how much of Fallout NV has downloaded.

I wish somebody had bought GDNA before they relegated the forums to the bottom of the page! I don't think the real GD crew would have left things like this indefinitely

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 10-25-2010, 09:09 AM

Dontherust has much to be proud of
Thread is lies.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontherust View Post
Thread is lies.
wat
Old 11-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Enthusiast

TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community
Moving the forum down here pretty much killed it.... Can't say that i feel like the site is that healthy overall anymore either. It's lost it's old core community, now to see if a new one will spring up in it's place...

Old 11-09-2010, 09:57 AM

Dwarden has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Dwarden Send a message via MSN to Dwarden Send a message via Skype™ to Dwarden
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
Plain and simple: We ran out of money and couldn't pay for key things like people's salaries, servers, our office, etc.

gamerDNA was later acquired by Crispy Gamer (now known as gamerDNA Media), and their focus up til now has been on selling advertising on the network of sites in the gamerDNA Media Network (which gamerDNA.com is one of them). We'll see if anything happens in the future. If something does, that would be awesome.

I haven't followed the space too closely for the past year, but I haven't seen PlayFire or Raptr particularly flourish. I know people at both companies so I mean no offense, but I haven't seen anything really revolutionary happen in this space in the year that we (gamerDNA) have been out of the game. Raptr continues to be more like Xfire every day, and PlayFire hasn't changed a whole lot either. Nothing seems to tell me that there has been explosive growth in the space, but hey..I could be wrong. Raptr was able to land the deal with GameSpot for their co-registration system, which I imagine sends them thousands of people a day/week, but who knows if those people actually use the service.
thanks for this insight and information
it's definitely valuable as i finally understood what and why

i still consider some of the gamerDNA ideas to be unmatched
Old 11-14-2010, 10:43 AM

AaronTWright has much to be proud of
I was surprised to see a Facebook post on my status bar linking me back to GamerDNA. I was surprised and it looked like the site had undergone some changes. I'm not much of a forum poster myself, but I do like tracking my games and seeing who else plays...so there you go.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:48 PM

noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED
Yes! I would like to let everyone know that we are indeed making some exciting changes and getting the site functioning correctly again. Expect some great things in the near future!

-nf
Old 11-21-2010, 02:06 AM

Tonysmallz has much to be proud of
im a regular on playfire and i absolutly love it i really loved GDNA but i gave up after problems with ps3 and other stuff id love for this site to take off.. again

GT : Jim Greezy
Old 11-22-2010, 02:04 AM

noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED noahfense CLASSIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysmallz View Post
im a regular on playfire and i absolutly love it i really loved GDNA but i gave up after problems with ps3 and other stuff id love for this site to take off.. again

Rest assured we are in the midst of getting consoles back up and running and have some awesome additions to the site on the way, stay tuned!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Zinya is community member of note
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
I think all of the sites have stalled because instead of encouraging community, they try to be like twitter and facebook--a mini-feed consisting primarily of contentless "update diarrhea" that really doesn't enhance your life. It appeals strongly to a certain least-common-denominator demographic, but makes for a truly tiresome site if you're actually looking for some entertainment beyond "hey look I got another platinum trophy".

This!

Those who were interested in a "community" atmosphere once the change over to GDNA happened (/le sigh.. why couldn't they just leave it as guildcafe) were treated as red headed step children and relegated to the very bottom of the website. In fact, I got the feeling that communication was actually being discouraged. Perhaps this is what happens when you put a bunch of people who sit in front of a comupter all day in charge of a social gamming site? Anyway...

Why do I really want to come and create a guild page at a place that doesn't encourage community... yea.. that makes complete sense.

I feel exactly like you, GDNA was trying too hard to make this a mini-twitter and it pretty much blew big chunks.

Maybe the new people in charge will have a clue.