11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 08-13-2010, 12:55 AM

NotU is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFalcon View Post
In the past couple of weeks I've had over 40 people follow me.
This. I've noticed a considerable upswing of people following me. Unfortunately, when I follow the links to see who's following me, very few of them actually have much more than "Just joined GamerDNA!" So, I don't return the favour.

I've got Raptr, too, but I don't know the last time I did anything with it. It just doesn't impress me. Maybe I need to spend more time with it, but I much prefer it here.

My Website

Old 08-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Enthusiast

TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community
I think the now thing has moved most of the focus off the forum. Like I said before, I still "feel" like I'm in the basement when I come down here... I miss the old days, but it seems that most of what's left of that is upstairs.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
It might be like that old game you don't play but you keep for the memories. Then you notice your friend play and decide to pick it up again. You never know when something is really dead until you take it behind the barn.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Enthusiast

TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community
I'm not gonna ask... I'm not gonna ask... I'm not gonna ask...

Old 08-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
you take the horse behind the barn to shoot it in the head if it's too sick or dying anyways. really?
Old 09-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
You could do other things to it behind the barn.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:16 PM

Dwarden has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Dwarden Send a message via MSN to Dwarden Send a message via Skype™ to Dwarden
is there somewhere any usable info what happened to this project and company behind it

e.g. why it died (yet it lives as zombie)
or why nothing anymore happen (considering clones of this site seems to flourish like Playfire and Raptr)
Old 10-01-2010, 09:02 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
is there somewhere any usable info what happened to this project and company behind it

e.g. why it died (yet it lives as zombie)
or why nothing anymore happen (considering clones of this site seems to flourish like Playfire and Raptr)
Plain and simple: We ran out of money and couldn't pay for key things like people's salaries, servers, our office, etc.

gamerDNA was later acquired by Crispy Gamer (now known as gamerDNA Media), and their focus up til now has been on selling advertising on the network of sites in the gamerDNA Media Network (which gamerDNA.com is one of them). We'll see if anything happens in the future. If something does, that would be awesome.

I haven't followed the space too closely for the past year, but I haven't seen PlayFire or Raptr particularly flourish. I know people at both companies so I mean no offense, but I haven't seen anything really revolutionary happen in this space in the year that we (gamerDNA) have been out of the game. Raptr continues to be more like Xfire every day, and PlayFire hasn't changed a whole lot either. Nothing seems to tell me that there has been explosive growth in the space, but hey..I could be wrong. Raptr was able to land the deal with GameSpot for their co-registration system, which I imagine sends them thousands of people a day/week, but who knows if those people actually use the service.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:34 AM

joeyn1993 has much to be proud of
hey guys, this seems like the only active topic, do any of you know where I could find the overall results of the Bartle test at all?

thanks
Joey
Old 10-17-2010, 12:13 PM

NotU is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyn1993 View Post
hey guys, this seems like the only active topic, do any of you know where I could find the overall results of the Bartle test at all?

thanks
Joey
Look for the "Profile" icon in the top-right corner of the page. Under it will be a "Gamer Bio" option. If you click that, it gives you the page with all your Bartle test results, including the combined.

My Website