11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Goty 2009
YES! 2009 is coming to an end! As far as I'm concerned the year has come to an end game-wise, unless there's some people eagerly awaiting DarkFall: Lost souls... Anybody? No? Didn't think so.

The year started rather slow, with an almost standstill around summer (like every year), and then there seemed to be an enormous explosion in October and November.

To jog your memory, here are some games released this year:

Killzone 2, Ratchet ^Clank, Uncharted 2, Demons Souls, Batman, Forza 3, L4D2, Halo 3: ODST, Assassins Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Madworld, Dragon Age, The Sims 3, Streetfigher IV, Tekken 6, Borderlands, DJ Hero, Guitar Hero 5, Ghostbusters, Brütal Legend, inFAMOUS, scribblenauts

I can't think that quickly about other games released this year that are worth mentioning, I'm sure I've forgotten a few. If you want you can make up your own categories or whatever, or give your opinion on some highlights of the year. Do whatever. Go crazy.

WHAT IS YOUR GAME OF THE YEAR?
Old 12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Personally, it hasn't been this clear for me since 2003....

DRAGON AGE ORIGINS
As to why... Everything has been said here. It's the type of game that got me into gaming to start with. From the very start it gave me a feeling I haven't had in a long time... The sort of indescribable feeling you get when being reunited with a good friend you haven't seen in a long... long time.

Runner ups:
Assassins Creed 2
Free running in Venice was great, the story was pretty cool, the ending had me laughing out loud and wanting more. Although they need to come up with some new tricks if they're gonna make another one...

Halo: ODST
Maybe a simple 'expansion' for an 'overrated' franchise. But I loved every second of it. Not necessarily a better campaign than Halo 3 itself, but very different. And a lot of fun. Mal, Jayne and Wash... Come on

Assassins Creed 2 and Halo: ODST were both excellent games, but they got pushed to the sideline by the sort of game you don't come across too often...

Enchantment?
Old 12-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Yeah, I'd have to agree on Dragon Age, although Uncharted 2 is a very close second.

AC 2, while fixing essentially everything broken in the last game and introducing some new features (OMG They put a management game in my RPG so I can manage while I roleplay, doesn't get better than that, except more of the same) and an amazing atmosphere, still lacked that little something that would have had me place it above Uncharted 2. Still, third place isn't bad.
Last edited by Sensational : 12-06-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:11 AM

Rolandicus has much to be proud of
I'm gonna have to say Borderlands is my game of the year, with Dragon Age coming in a close second.Borderlands is a game I didn't know much about until I heard people talking about it, and I decided to buy it.Good decision.Great game, as is Dragon Age, but I've spent much more time with Borderlands, as it is very addictive.Left 4 Dead 2 is third for me.A lot of good games this year.....my poor wallet.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:54 PM

Niteraid has set foot on a distinguished road
Think I'm gonna have to say Uncharted 2. It's the only game that's really made me say "wow!" this year. For all the music is not to my taste, DJ Hero is a superb game to play too.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:59 AM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
Definitely Dragon Age, and I'll have to say Dem summed it up really well. Second place goes to Assassin's Creed 2.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
2009 release some awesome and fun games. I've enjoyed games like Star Ocean: Last Hope, Devil Survivor, Uncharted 2, and Borderlands, but one game for me was the best. My Game of the Year is:

Demon's Souls
I enjoyed the challenge this game gave me, I found the online play between CO-OP and PVP was fun and interesting since you couldn't really communicate with others, but leaving notes and watching bloodstains was always enjoyable. I was surprised that a dungeon crawler would of been so addicting and I was very surprised how smooth the game played. Even with the story not the main attraction in the game made me remember why I started playing RPGs in the first place.

The second runner up was Dragon Age: Origins for its engaging story, challenging gameplay, and wonderful characters it's Bioware at their finest.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:43 AM

NotU is a jewel in the community
I am going to have to go with Assassin's Creed 2, I think.

Killzone 2 lost it, I think, when they started monkeying with the controls.

New Super Mario Bros., Wii is a lot of fun, probably my favourite game for the Wii in this year. I just wish that was saying more.

inFamous was great, but loses by an edge to Batman.

As great as Batman was, it never kept me from playing another game.

Assassin's Creed 2, however, has kept me from opening Dragon Age: Origins.

Games that I wanted to play this year, but have not had the chance to:

Dragon Age: Origin - I bought it, but I bought AC2 the same day and AC2 is still in...

Uncharted 2 - I enjoyed the first and everybody tells me that this one is better, but I just have not had the time or money to get it.

My Website

Old 12-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has set foot on a distinguished road
The House of the Dead: Overkill

Never have I laughed so much while playing a game.