11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 11-30-2009, 12:04 AM

LOTJ-WedgeAntilles has much to be proud of
Star Wars The Old Republic?
Okay so there might have been there might not have been a topic already posted about this, but I want to repost anyways.

Supposibly this is THE NEW mmo game, and I have to admit that the trailer released at E3 was pretty amazing BUT I want your feeback on the Star Wars The Old Republic MMo.

Here is mine-

Looks like it will be an awesome game and yes many people hate Star Wars Galaxies (MMo) which I didn't think was that bad loved the starfighter missions, but anyways this game (Star Wars TOR) is suppose to be amazing so they say, my opinion, its being hyped up to more than it will turn out to be. What I think Bioware should have done is continue on KOTOR, and finish out the Exiles and Revans Storyline or add on to (however you want to interpret the games). I'm very dissapointed that they did decided to make and mmo about the Old Republic rather than finish Kotor. Despite me saying this I am still going to buy TOR and play...

Whats your opinion on TOR?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
I agree that Bioware should of created a KOTOR 3 instead of a MMO. I'm interested in the fact that it now has Jedi and Sith but we already have a Star Wars MMO, It's called Galaxies so this game better come with an awesome story or some crazy customizing or I'll be angry.

Maybe if they did something where when playing PvP you can become disfigured and have to custom create your character with new body parts or end up looking like a version of Darth Vader. I could keep daydreaming of what I would like to see.

Anyway I might...might get this game. I love Star Wars but I would rather play a single player story than a MMO. Bioware said they will add a lot to the vioce acting and that's fine but I want more for the game. Give me a character that I can customize more than once, even a vehicle or two to customize would rock...maybe if you get a large enough guild you get your own space station or even planet. Anyway I can't see it being any different than what's out there.

Here's to hoping though.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:06 AM

exaes is a cornerstone of the community exaes is a cornerstone of the community
hmm.. I really don't care that much that they made an mmo over a single player game.
bioware might actualy manage to change the mmo scene for the better. SWG is really no good anymore ever since NGE, and most ppl will agree with me on this. so a new star wars mmo is welcome in my eyes.

- Playstationcollecting.com .. The online Playstation Collecting Community
Old 12-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
My biggest doubt is that they won't update the content fast enough, which could sink the game considering that it's supposed to be story driven (as opposed to just another whack-10-creatures-for-this-+5-sword-MMO), especially for the more hardcore gamers who push through content faster than the casuals. Beyond that, looking good.
Last edited by Sensational : 12-10-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
I have been following this game since it was announced. I am excited and hopeful for this game. However, I am reserving final judgment till I can get some hands on experience.

If you have not been to the official site you should go check it out. Make sure to watch a bunch of the vids. A lot of good info from the development team.

Fun Fact: BioWare did not start this project as "Let's make a KOTOR MMO!!!" They started out as "Let's make a new KOTOR game!" They then sat down and started discussing what experiences and options they wanted to present to the players. After brainstorming a bit they realized that the only way they could pull off what they wanted was to make it an MMO.