11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 11-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
The only reason I don't mute everyone on my team and the other team is the hope that they won't be extremely loud or negative. that rarely happens, but it does sometimes happen which gives me hope for the XBL.

The story is pretty far fetched and making it obvious that there's gonna be a third. One of the small reasons that I liked COD4 is that they an end, the war seemed over. I hope Infinity Ward doesn't do a L4D and release the third a year later.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Two years is pretty standard for shooters, although a lot of them even do one year. So wouldn't be too surprised. Prolly COD6 first, and then MW3 after.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:22 PM

Niteraid has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrODoyle View Post
So, of course you can imagine my dismay when I turned on my headset, only to hear a 10-year old white boy (or a 16-year old white girl) saying, and this time I'm NOT paraphrasing "Man, fuck these niggers. You niggers are dumb. I hate niggers."

It's really a shame that in a game that's being touted as a "tactical shooter," a guy can't find 10 or 11 other guys (or girls) to use tactics to make the game as realistic as possible. I don't know what else to say, the more I think about it, the more disgusted I get.
This is exactly why I'm not much of a fan of online multiplayer. I just want to play a game and have fun. Not hear people (mostly kids who aren't old enough to play the game) spout profanities that they probably don't even know what they're even talking about.

It's really unfortunate that the majority of online players think they're better than everyone else and just shout at people cause they can't take losing. It's a game people! And in a game there are winners and there are losers, and sometimes you come across people who can play better than you, deal with it! Last time I checked that's what a competitive game consisted of.

I'm pretty much out of online multiplayer completely with the exception of the odd game of Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6 when Christmas gets around. Primarily because I just haven't found the right group of people who just want to play for fun, not to gloat over a statistic.

So yes MrODoyle, I 100% agree with you.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteraid View Post
This is exactly why I'm not much of a fan of online multiplayer. I just want to play a game and have fun. Not hear people (mostly kids who aren't old enough to play the game) spout profanities that they probably don't even know what they're even talking about.

It's really unfortunate that the majority of online players think they're better than everyone else and just shout at people cause they can't take losing. It's a game people! And in a game there are winners and there are losers, and sometimes you come across people who can play better than you, deal with it! Last time I checked that's what a competitive game consisted of.

I'm pretty much out of online multiplayer completely with the exception of the odd game of Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6 when Christmas gets around. Primarily because I just haven't found the right group of people who just want to play for fun, not to gloat over a statistic.

So yes MrODoyle, I 100% agree with you.
people get too competitive and becomes jerks. now saying that during I'll will sometimes say "what was that? that bullet just rounded the corner to meet me" or "bulls#*%". But thats the game I don't blame the other people and I don't say it to them either except jokingly. People just need to start relizing that and stop bitching at each other.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuDreams View Post
people get too competitive
Naw, that's what multiplayer is all about. There is no "too" competitive, number one is all that matters. That's how I have fun anyways, to me this is somewhat like saying that you (As in, anyone who says it) get "too" into your exploration or whatever it is that you do to have fun, like saying that I'm having too much fun.

That doesn't mean I call everyone assfag everytime I kill them though, that's simply another case of people being the assholes they wished they could be IRL.

Competitive =/= Stereotype 10 year old X-box Live Halo fanboy.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Also, it's a lot of fun acting like an asshat from time to time.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:57 AM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
I have to agree with Sensational, being a complete ass-hat is not a case of too much competitiveness, but of too much ass-hattery.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:39 PM

Rolandicus has much to be proud of
My disappointment with MW 2 is the fact that the veteran campaign is so easy.I expected(hoped) they would ramp up the difficulty.Though it seems IW have made their games easier as they go.It's a small complaint, but the only one I have...

As to the asshats on Live, well, that's the reason I love single player games so much.I'm up for the occasional mp game with friends, but i wont waste my time trying to be tolerant of annoying people.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:16 PM

exaes is a cornerstone of the community exaes is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandicus View Post
My disappointment with MW 2 is the fact that the veteran campaign is so easy.I expected(hoped) they would ramp up the difficulty.Though it seems IW have made their games easier as they go.It's a small complaint, but the only one I have...

As to the asshats on Live, well, that's the reason I love single player games so much.I'm up for the occasional mp game with friends, but i wont waste my time trying to be tolerant of annoying people.
well the overall single player campaign was a big dissapointment really, online play is good fun if the ppl you play with are not total idiots. which is the reason why I'm pissed there are no dedicated servers.

- Playstationcollecting.com .. The online Playstation Collecting Community
Old 12-02-2009, 02:47 AM

PimpMethod has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to PimpMethod
My only two disappointments in the game is there are no laser sights like on Rainbow Six and the raking system is still a joke. Infintiy ward should have ask Activision to give then some of that Guitar Hero money and paid Bungie to use there ranking system.

http://pwned.com/PimpMethod/