11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 11-25-2009, 11:05 PM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
I enjoyed playing this on co-op with a couple friends for a night, but there's really no RPG aspect beside the classes and their talent trees. You get quests windows from standstill NPCs that you can decline or accept, and you can traverse the map in the meantime. Not quite ample to consider the game an RPG. Borderlands is more comparable to a hack n' slash. With all the damn looting, and the endless shooting, I'd call this a shoot n' loot. And the gameplay is really repetitive, I imagine after leveling to 50 I'd be completely burnt out.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:23 AM

Rolandicus has much to be proud of
I love this game.I was hesitant at first, but after reading alot about it I decided to give it a go.I'm really glad I did. I'm on my first playthrough with a level 13 soldier.And I definitely plan on playing through several more times.Excellent game...
Old 11-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Good game, stuck on getting tired by myself just running around and shooting things as a Siren or Soldier game gets boring by yourself. Of course everyone stops playing it AFTER i get as well >_>

Old 12-05-2009, 07:27 PM

Rolandicus has much to be proud of
Anyone have any suggestions as to what level is the best to do the DLC.I'm level 30 now.I don't wanna wait until I get to 50 to do it for fear of "wasting" all that xp.
And does anyone know how much experiene you get from the DLC? Two or three levels would be nice.

EDIT: I went ahead and tried.I was at 30 when I started the DLC and was at 36, almost 37, when I finished.Put me way ahead of the level requirements for the main story...In case anyone else was wondering.And the DLC levels to you so it doesn't matter when you do it.
Last edited by Rolandicus : 12-06-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:56 PM

mace990 has set foot on a distinguished road
little time went by since the last post here but I finally played through that game and CAN give my opinion x) So first of all why do I needed that long? Because I just played it together with a friend, it was pretty boring solo and I experienced too much lags online so we met here and continued playing at lvl 30 and then suddenly.... IT ENDED ... we both were like: WTF? Well Game Idea and Design is pretty good love the mix between FPS/RPG but the End f****** sucks...

Old 07-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
I know this game is lacking in some ways but I have to say I have enjoyed it, and the DLC, a lot. I have over 100 hours logged on the PC version. I have maxed my Siren out to Level 61 and basically use her like a Hunter (Sniper) with some sweet phasewalk abilities and of course tons of elemental damage.

Really hoping there's more DLC on the way or even a whole new game. I have played the whole thing in SP since my game time is pretty sporadic, it is hard to coordinate coop games for me.

Also this game runs like buttah on my laptop (8600M GT) at high settings. The art style and soundtrack are a couple of reasons I really dig Borderlands. I also like the tongue & cheek humour. Yes it would be nice to have better story development, that I agree, but the fun action and cool skills to level up make up for it imo.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:00 AM

ezarim has much to be proud of
I recommend playing this game online with other people. It really add to the experience.